Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Christmas Beers!

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Okay we have many threads to do with cork beers but this is the official Cork Christmas beers one! It might not go ahead, but if you are interested in meeting up for a Christmas one then say so in here.....otherwise just use the other thread. Cheers

Suggest a location and alternate dates etc in your posts......

What date(s) suits you best? 24 votes

Wed 17th December
    0%
    Thu 18th December
    4%
    minidazzler 1 vote
    Fri 19th December
    33%
    IllkillyaFast_Moverturlymik_da_manRed HandHeisenberg.rotinajkingtut 8 votes
    Sat 20th December
    25%
    Blitzkriegerdahamstatowel401Heisenberg.partyguinnesskingtut 6 votes
    None of those dates suits me
    37%
    techKoldwonkaMunsterCyclingtipexfastrackakijobuckspartyguinness 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I found putting up a poll of potential dates helped narrow down the most popular ones, might be useful here.

I'm up for it and can pretty much do any night up until the 16th or thereabouts. Pref not a Friday but I can try and move things around if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sat 20th December
    440Hz wrote: »
    I found putting up a poll of potential dates helped narrow down the most popular ones, might be useful here.

I'm up for it and can pretty much do any night up until the 16th or thereabouts. Pref not a Friday but I can try and move things around if I have to.

thanks, I guess I was creating the poll while you were posting your comment :) I'm free pretty much any night but my preference is for the Thursday/Friday (18th/19th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Fri 19th December
    Can't do Friday 19th..staff party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Fri 19th December
    Thursday would be ok for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Fri 19th December
    Likewise, Thursday - I arrive back in Cork on Wednesday night, but too late for any serious beer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I'll still be up in the pale. Stupid work.

I'm down this w/e for a change if anyone fancies a few scoops on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

I cant do any of the dates above have exams occupying my time if it can be sooner it would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sat 20th December
    Tree wrote: »
    I'm down this w/e for a change if anyone fancies a few scoops on sunday

Trivium?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Trivium?
    where's that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sat 20th December
    I take it that means you are not going to Trivium at the Savoy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

None of those dates suits me
    The 17th be my birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Just came accross the beers threads, love the idea. Can't make it before Christmas but would love to have a few Beers after Christmas. I'll keep an eye on the threads.

I take it that means you are not going to Trivium at the Savoy...
    Ah no, just down to see the mammy and some folks, and some of you weirdos if you fancy

Sat 20th December
    Anyone free for beer on Thursday the 11th ??

kingtut wrote: »
    Anyone free for beer on Thursday the 11th ??

Booooo I have my big presentation on the 12th so the 11th def wont work for me, sniff!!

Sat 20th December
    Or how about Tuesday the 9th ??

Tuesday the 9th as in tonight? hehe, bit late for that now lol!!

I unfortunately wont make any of the above dates as I will be back in Kerry preparing for some important family stuff. I think Ill be leaving Cork on the 15th so I'll most likely miss whatever date you guys pick but have a great night anyway!

Sat 20th December
    Tuesday the 9th as in tonight? hehe, bit late for that now lol!!

It is when you wait until the day of the meetup to reply lol just kidding. Sure the last meetup was organised a few hours before it actually took place :D

It is when you wait until the day of the meetup to reply lol just kidding. Sure the last meetup was organised a few hours before it actually took place :D

True! But its not my fault that noone else replied in the meantime and that the thread got pushed down the page hehe!

Sat 20th December
    True! But its not my fault that noone else replied in the meantime and that the thread got pushed down the page hehe!

Oi! :eek:

• Advertisement

Oi! :eek:

:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fri 19th December
    So - what are the chances of this going ahead?
    Mon-Thurs evening next week are good for me.

Tonight???

onli night im freeeeeeeee

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fri 19th December
    Would like to but I'm on antibiotics for a bloody cold, so no booze this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Would like to but I'm on antibiotics for a bloody cold, so no booze this week :(
    Pfft, everyone knows you have the best fun when youre drunk and on antibiotics. What could possibly go wrong?
    Not sure when I'd be free for a beers. Although a thursday or friday would be best i thinks.

Sat 20th December
    Tonight???

onli night im freeeeeeeee

You are back in Cork?? :eek:
    I'm free anyhow....when and what time were you thinking?
    I'm always up for beer \o/
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Would like to but I'm on antibiotics for a bloody cold, so no booze this week

How about buying a hat, pair of gloves? Then you can join us and stick to the non-alcoholic beer? Simple :)

Sat 20th December
    It looks like Thursday the 18th is the night of choice for the Christmas beers (it received 7 votes). Unless anyone objects that is the night it will take place...It is no different to any other meetup other than the fact that it is taking place during Christmas...

Feel free to come along with your Santa hats and bells/whistles etc...It is not an official beers event so anything goes!

If you are free on the 18th then now is the time to start suggesting a venue.

Im going to a mate's house for dinner this evening but I could potentially drop by somewhere this evening if you do meet up. Ill unfortunately be driving again tho :(

Im not sure I could face beer tonight anyway, id be more up for a coffee and a chat this evening I think!

coffee and chat sounds waaaaaayyyyy better

• Advertisement

woohoo :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement