Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Christmas Beers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sat 20th December
    Okay so the Christmas beers is on either December 18th (Thursday) or December 20th (Saturday) as both dates received 8 votes....now is the time to post with where you want it to take place and also with what date you want. Please only reply to this if you can actually go on the 18th / 20th and will actually turn up!!! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

None of those dates suits me
    Well the 17th is my birthday and I think I'm doing the 12 pubs for it so I imagine I'll be comatosed for both of those dates. Sorry ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sat 20th December
    Would like to go on the 20th but can't commit yet. Supposed to be meeting up with some of the lads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

There really is no point sayin you can't go. Anyways i CAN go on the 18th thursday or 19th friday.

Sat 20th December
    There really is no point sayin you can't go. Anyways i CAN go on the 18th thursday or 19th friday.

As Miss Shadow says, please only reply if you CAN go. I can go on Thursday 18th or Friday 19th also....so that is 2 of us so far....Anymore takers who CAN go?

If you will not know whether you are free until later on in the week then please wait until then and then post with confirmation of your attendance. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works for u hehehehe :rolleyes: early cork beers tonight in Cubins I'll be there

Sat 20th December

Maybe I should have said I could probably make the 20th? I'm on the piss Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday but haven't firmed up my plans for Saturday yet.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fri 19th December
    Well I'll only be able to make the 18th - going up home on friday.
    So maybe that's 3....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Fri 19th December
    Thursday still good for me. Staff party Friday. 12 pubs Saturday in Dublin.
    Just name a venue and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Fri 19th December
    Sure, Thursday would be ok for me...

• Advertisement

I suggest thursday. 8.30pm in The Old Oak or The pavillion? Everybody knows where they are hopefully and we can choose where to go next after 1 drink

Sat 20th December
    I think miss_shadow's suggestion is a good one....So as the OP of this thread Christmas beers are as follows:

Meet this Thursday (18th) at the Old Oak on Patrick Street at 8.30pm and see what happens from there (just as miss_shadow said)

Confirmed so far are:

kingtut
    miss_shadow
    Jeremiah_16:1
    Fast_Mover
    mik_da_man

Anyone else want to add themselves to the list? All are welcome.
    If anyone does not know the city that well or simply wants me to meet to calm the nerves beforehand then feel free to pm me and I'll give you my mobile number. I look forward to seeing you all there!!

Fri 19th December
    Phewww..thankfully there will be another female present!:D

Now, where are the rest of the people that clicked Thurs 18th?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sat 20th December
    Ummm the Oak is on Oliver Plunkett Street and Caroline Street ;)

whoops thanks for the heads up :) and for the map also! should be useful for the people who are new to Cork.

Fast_mover are you afraid of being stuck in the middle of a bunch of really nice guys?

I personally look forward to seeing you, well everyone in fact...of the people confirmed I have only met mik_da_man before..

Hmmm...d3mon24, Illkillya,The Scientist and turly all said that they were free on Thursday according to the poll....speak up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Sat 20th December
    kingtut wrote: »
    I think miss_shadow's suggestion is a good one....So as the OP of this thread Christmas beers are as follows:

Meet this Thursday (18th) at the Old Oak on Patrick Street at 8.30pm and see what happens from there (just as miss_shadow said)

Confirmed so far are:

kingtut
    miss_shadow
    Jeremiah_16:1
    Fast_Mover
    mik_da_man

Anyone else want to add themselves to the list? All are welcome.
    If anyone does not know the city that well or simply wants me to meet to calm the nerves beforehand then feel free to pm me and I'll give you my mobile number. I look forward to seeing you all there!!

i might add myself to the list tomorrow. dunno if i'll have a car yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Sat 20th December
    This post has been deleted.

Sat 20th December
    Thanks for the responses towel401 and The_Scientist.

So is everyone still up for tonight? Anyone who confirmed the other day now wishing to cancelling or got other plans etc ?? I'll still be there anyway....:D

Yeah defo.kingtut if you pm me your contact details i can perhaps meet up with you before hand.

Sat 20th December
    Yeah defo.kingtut if you pm me your contact details i can perhaps meet up with you before hand.

Done. Anyone else need them?

• Advertisement

Sat 20th December
    Missing another BBC 'cos I'm going drinking :( I'll only be around the corner too.....

Fri 19th December
    See you Guys tonite - I'm bringing enforcements x2 who dont use boards though....

Yay can't wait! Fast mover i hope your coming,i don't want to be the only gal!

Sat 20th December
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    See you Guys tonite - I'm bringing enforcements x2 who dont use boards though....

mik_da_man are either of your friends female? miss_shadow does not want to be the only girl...which I think she will be if fast_mover doesn't turn up.

not sure how old anyone going tonight is (apart from mik_da_man but I am 25 and look 16 (apparently) for anyone who is curious)

Fri 19th December
    Change of plan Just me and my bro coming, other chap gone home.

Fri 19th December
    My sincerest of apologies folks (esp miss_shadow!)..didn't get on boards till now and had no ones number to ring them to see what the plan was and was too afraid to just show up incase ye wern't there/I wouldn't spot ye!:o

Hope night went well though!

Fri 19th December
    Tis a pity u missed it, we had a good laugh.
    I had a great night, but getting up for work was a wee bit tough :)

Sat 20th December
    Fast_Mover wrote: »
    My sincerest of apologies folks (esp miss_shadow!)..didn't get on boards till now and had no ones number to ring them to see what the plan was and was too afraid to just show up incase ye wern't there/I wouldn't spot ye!:o

Hope night went well though!

It sure is a shame you didn't come :( but yes the place was packed so you may not have found us. Perhaps you will make the next one? Feel free to pm me if you want my number for the next meetup so that you have at least one contact. I'm sure someone else will give you theirs also if you ask nicely enough :)
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Tis a pity u missed it, we had a good laugh.
    I had a great night, but getting up for work was a wee bit tough :)

+1 !!! Soooo tired :( too tired in fact to type anymore so I'll talk more about the lovely people I met last night later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Fri 19th December
    Nice to meet you all. Ye Cork people made me feel welcome.:D

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure i'd be fired if i were working this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement