Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a F**King Dump

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

just back after collecting my niece's car from a housing estate in the city

some useless gutterscums stole it last night/ early this morning .. no doubt they were on their nightly tour of east clare to see what they could steal or rob

A friend of hers spotted the car this morning was out early cos of the icy conditions & had a fair idea where it was heading.

How people live in such conditions I don't know.. houses barricaded kids running wild youngsters smoking, teenage girls looks about 14 pregnant & falling drunk on the footpath

As we were loading the car on the transporter a ba****d about 18- 20 comes & demands €100 for minding the car, it would have been burned out otherwise . I told him to f**k off or else. the pr1ck lunged at me with a stanley knife , I laid the fu**ker out cold with a boot to the groin.

If I never cross the city boundary again it will be too soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Careful! They could be your new neighbours if they get rehoused!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

snowman707 wrote: »

some useless gutterscums stole it last night/ early this morning .. no doubt they were on their nightly tour of east clare to see what they could steal or rob

A friend of hers spotted the car this morning was out early cos of the icy conditions & had a fair idea where it was heading.

How people live in such conditions I don't know.. houses barricaded kids running wild youngsters smoking, teenage girls looks about 14 pregnant & falling drunk on the footpath

As we were loading the car on the transporter a ba****d about 18- 20 comes & demands €100 for minding the car, it would have been burned out otherwise . I told him to f**k off or else. the pr1ck lunged at me with a stanley knife , I laid the fu**ker out cold with a boot to the groin.

We need more heroes like you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I live in east Clare

In the last year there have been 4 car break ins at our house and my brother had his face slashed with a broken bottle by a scum bag from Limerick on Friday night in our estate.

Caught the guys responsible for one of the break ins and Gardai caught 2 others

The scum of Limerick are a fcuking spreading cancer and need to be cut away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tut tut. :(

You must have a lot of paint because you have just painted everyone in Limerick with the same brush. :confused:

Not everyone in Limerick lives in those conditions. Im not even sure where you are talking about but having lived in Carew Park, Southill for 3 years your opinion is narrow minded. That is not be calling you dense, Im pointing out that not everyone is like that 18-20 year old who lunged at you. :eek:

Somebody in Carew Park put a lovely stone masoned wall outside their house and a work colleague of mine commented on how much drug dealers have to be able to afford such luxuries. In fact it was a nice settled senior couple whom received a gift from their daughter.

Im sorry for your nieces trouble. Having a car stolen is a pain in the ass.

Dont make any rash decisions or comments that tar us all with the large brush because its untrue for the majority.

BTW, they are hell holes, those housing estates in disrepair. I personally do not agree with the council giving people free houses. I have many posts on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Carew Park, Southill

maybe you lived beside the guy who tried to rob my brother's car, he lived there too :p

I know what you mean though, the decent folk who live there get a terrible name from the scum.

We have had more problems with thugs from Limerick in the last 2 years than in the previous 23 that I am alive. I don't know why but it seems to be getting worse/spreading to other areas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You must be very tired after meeting all the people in that estate. How long were you there that you were able to make this definitive statement of Limerick life?

Or were you only there for a few minutes in a one small place, and you're just making a sweeping generalisation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

if i ever see ur face in limerick again il ****ing destroy ya

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can I just point out that the crime actually happened in Clare!

I aint defending what some scumbucket did but at least it didnt happen in Limerick.

Sorry to hear about it, that is all

PS. there are scumbags in Clare too, does that make all clare people scum too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I told him to f**k off or else. the pr1ck lunged at me with a stanley knife , I laid the fu**ker out cold with a boot to the groin.
    Wow. Check you out.

Vegeta wrote: »
    maybe you lived beside the guy who tried to rob my brother's car, he lived there too :p

I know what you mean though, the decent folk who live there get a terrible name from the scum.

We have had more problems with thugs from Limerick in the last 2 years than in the previous 23 that I am alive. I don't know why but it seems to be getting worse/spreading to other areas

I grew up in Shannon banks, technically Clare :D but as of late the area is full of scumbags. They used to wander out from St Marys Park drinking in the evenings which later turned into crime. The area which is supposedly desirable(not in a recession) is rife with scumbags, some who have moved out and some who have been moved out by the council and HSE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Can I just point out that the crime actually happened in Clare!

But apparently Limerick scum did this, not Clare scum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Would building a few more jails and hiring some more guards be a lot more cost effective that giving everyone new houses?

People destroy well built houses in a short time, ruin a city and taxpayers reward them with a shiny new house.

And we think they are stupid..............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I can understand your frustrations at having your car stolen but as a city it's not all that bad. I'm a 4th yr. Town Planner, worked in the City Planning dept. for the Summer and I have to say I saw a totally different side to Limerick City. Started in the job with a view of Limerick horribly skewed by media reports and only visiting for matches, never really spending time there.

Yes there is some truly terrible areas in the city but within those areas there are some really good people, it is the minority of scum that live there that bring the area and it's people down. Next time you are in Moyross or Southill have a look at the impeccably maintained houses in between the burnt out shells.

On the other hand there are some beautiful streets and incredibly affluent areas, all within 5 minutes drive of each other. The City is like a mircrochosim of the country and as such displays the successes of our Tiger economy and the people who slipped through it's cracks. Trying to find a balance between the mega affluent areas and those places which more closely resembles warzones is the challenge.

cancan wrote: »

And we think they are stupid..............

No just lazy. I listen to that ad on the radio of that women who came home to find her husband left her and she is left to fend for two kids and is now homeless.

Dont be confused. That women will be accomadated by a special group.

Its the Lazy in society that P*ss me off. Complaining all the foreigners have the jobs. Those jobs were there before the foreigners arrived whilst you were still sitting on your ass and if they do work they only work 16 hours a week so they can still claim and not lose their medical cards. :mad:

These are not the people who are stealing your car but these people are WORSE! :eek:

Fair play to Fr Joe.

Lets hope that the people or limerick can stand up for themselves not only on a rugby pitch.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=2&category=Daily-Mon

Well find out pretty soon if there are any good people left in limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Original poster has a narrow mind.
    I was in Dublin before and saw a heroin addict in a lane way. Everyone in Dublin is a addict.
    And to be honest the orginal poster was making half his story up, I like the part where he k'o'd the fella with the stanley knife, was that before the 14 year old parents marched by?
    Go back to reading the daily Star.
    I've lived in all different areas of Limerick, and just because a small percentage of people a scum bags doesn't make all of them scum bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

let's not build any more prisons, lets just wall them into their estates. We could move the decent people out first of course (and theres a lot of them).

I'm all for a bit of vigilante justice, bring in lynchings for this shower of work shy scum. I favour public lynchings at the O'Connell monument.

What really annoys me is they blame everyone else for the problems that made them poor, lack of education etc. Well, they were entitled to the same education that I was but I actually bothered my arse to attend school and not bunk off hanging round Arthurs Quay smoking spliff and drinking cider all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Original poster has a narrow mind.
    I was in Dublin before and saw a heroin addict in a lane way. Everyone in Dublin is a addict.
    And to be honest the orginal poster was making half his story up, I like the part where he k'o'd the fella with the stanley knife, was that before the 14 year old parents marched by?
    Go back to reading the daily Star.
    I've lived in all different areas of Limerick, and just because a small percentage of people a scum bags doesn't make all of them scum bags.

If you werent been sarcastic here I hope you can see the irony in your own statement...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fr joe can sit and spin if he thinks im marching on any gun toting cnuts house. they've already demonstrated they dont give a **** what we think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I think your story is a load of BS. Why were you responsible for retrieving the car? Would there not be somebody closer to your neice. I know I am assumming alot with this question, but it is on my mind.
    snowman707 wrote:

I don't recall it being icy this morning. I was up at 7:00am and it was raining but there was no ice.
    snowman707 wrote:
    How people live in such conditions I don't know..

I grew up on an estate similar to this. Some people don't have a choice. They can't afford to live anywhere else. My family did they best they could for me but it was only when I went to college that they could afford to move out.
    snowman707 wrote:

How old are you. This seems like a story that a 12 year old would make up.

snowman707 wrote:

I would put money on it that you will be in to do your Christmas shopping.

If I am wrong about all of this, let me know. But I love my city and I don't like people making ****e up about her, she has a bad enough press as it is. I'm not blind either or ignorant either. I know that there is crime and scum in the city. But can you seriously name one town or city that does not have this?

• Advertisement

for fcuk sake, defending this city is pointless at this stage guys. the mans story is probably true, its all a bit familiar, lets not just call him a liar and instead accept that the place is a fcukin hole that needs sorting out. sure, he was a bit sensationalist in his wordings, but fcuk it, the place is ruined. and its the councils fault. fcukin morons couldnt run a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

fair play to you, i might have killed him...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I told him to f**k off or else. the pr1ck lunged at me with a stanley knife , I laid the fu**ker out cold with a boot to the groin.

So you beat up a scumbag from moyross who held a stanley knife to you?

and when is this book coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

zuroph wrote: »
    fr joe can sit and spin if he thinks im marching on any gun toting cnuts house. they've already demonstrated they dont give a **** what we think

Thats the spirit, lets sit behind our safe PC and rant all day anonymously about the sh1t thats going on less than a mile from our front doors.
    I for one will be on this march, we need to take our city back.
    And if it feels like tokenism, well I'll feel better, and not so helpless...

If anybody would like to see a picture of Southill at its worst then I will go up the hill tomorrow and take a picture.

I was up there today taking a short cut around traffic but never bothered.

There was one thing I was shocked by. The terrace my GF's brother fiancee's parents were living was still there but the middle house was missing. ???

So the council knocked down one house in the middle of a block of 10. How odd.

I will post up a picture tomorrow morning just so people can get a view what the top of southill really looks like without having to rely on second hand information, media images or heresay. Some people are afraid to drive up there and i get a few looks in my suit and Audi.(Snob).

Its social welfare day tomorrow. They will all be down at Roxborough collecting the social anyway. LOL :D

best of luck with it.

marches work on those who care about their anonymity. not on the fcukers who go out in broaddaylight beating the **** out of people and shooting people for refusing drink. what the city needs is a plague. not a peace march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I think your story is a load of BS. Why were you responsible for retrieving the car? Would there not be somebody closer to your neice. I know I am assumming alot with this question, but it is on my mind.

I don't recall it being icy this morning. I was up at 7:00am and it was raining but there was no ice.

I grew up on an estate similar to this. Some people don't have a choice. They can't afford to live anywhere else. My family did they best they could for me but it was only when I went to college that they could afford to move out.

How old are you. This seems like a story that a 12 year old would make up.

I would put money on it that you will be in to do your Christmas shopping.

If I am wrong about all of this, let me know. But I love my city and I don't like people making ****e up about her, she has a bad enough press as it is. I'm not blind either or ignorant either. I know that there is crime and scum in the city. But can you seriously name one town or city that does not have this?

It is no BS the damage to the car is between 1200-1500 , my niece worked her butt off to pay for her car she is a student & took pride that she had her own transport.

the car was spotted by a friend of hers who was going to the regional in dooradoyle .. we had 3 cars out searching, I am friendly with a few taxi drivers in the city and they have helped us find stolen cars in the past so we had a fair idea where to look, reckon it would have been torched but they were unable to open the lock nuts on the alloys...

As regards being a 12 year old... I drank in cruises hotel & ate chips in dirty dicks. so you decide for yourself ... I spent most of my youth drinking & socializing in the city, made a lot of friends there. ok we got into the odd row & maybe came home with a black eye or two, but the following weekend we'd meet up again & most likely would share a pint with the guy you fell out.

I know there are lovely people living in every corner of the city & but I really felt sorry for them kids, I know I was still angry up when I posted yesterday, but I am not sorry I did . just wondering what the out come of it will be in years to come

what I saw yesterday really sickened me as does what I see on a smaller scale in some of the villages & towns locally & I agree I can't name any town or city where isn't crime but about 90% of the crime here is committed by visitors from limerick

as regards Xmas shopping the 2 berties have ensured that my xmas shopping will be minimal,

as regards Xmas shopping the 2 berties have ensured that my xmas shopping will be minimal,

What has Bertie Bassett have to do with this? :D

Anyway, check out my thread on what O'Malley park looks like for the faint of heart.

zuroph wrote: »
    Why? Because it takes a village. The best defense against this kind of murderous violence is to limit the pool of recruits, and the only way to do that is for the home society to isolate, condemn and denounce publicly and repeatedly the murderers — and not amplify, ignore, glorify, justify or “explain” their activities.

Funny - Thomas Friedman wrote this today regarding muslims apathy in Pakistan.
    The quote is so applicable to limerick.

Your quote is a typical example of why limerick is the way it is today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I really, really don't understand some people. If what this lad says is true, some scumbag tried to get him to hand over €100 and attacked him with a knife, and people are having a go at HIM and making sarcastic comments?

Back up a second. So, its perfectly acceptable to have your car stolen? Its perfectly acceptable to have a scumbag try wrangle money from you? Its perfectly acceptable to have a scumbag attack you with a knife? Am i missing something here?

Why do people always try to protect scumbags? I'm not sure I understand it. Sure, there are bad area's with good people (and vice-versa) but thats not the point at all. The point is that stuff like this can happen to anyone and these people think they can get away with it.

Why is it that people are acting like the guy who gets his car stolen is the bad guy? I don't understand it. Fair play on standing up for yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement