Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know whether it's been here before but what's people's views on toilet workers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I was in a Dublin club there recently, cant think of the name of it, used to be called Mono years ago. Was going to the jacks during the night as you do, and washing my own hands, taking a piece of paper off the guy, throwing it in the bin and walking out.

On my third trip to the jacks as I was finishing up and walking over to the sink, the 'toilet attendant' says to some other guy, "Thank you for the tip, this guy has been coming in all night and hasnt given me any money", and gestures at me.

The fookin cheek of it! As I was quite blathered at this stage and far more cheeky than I normally would be, I said to your man, "A tip!?!", and he says, "I dont get paid", so I say, "I'll give ya a tip, get a bleedin' union!!" and headed out. Was afraid to go to the jacks for the rest of the night so headed home about a half hour later. Bleedin cheek of it, I generally do tip 50 cents or so but for whatever reason decided I wasnt gonna tip that night, maybe because the pints were €5.60 and I figured I could take a piss for free.

Nothin worse than sticking your hand in your pocket and pulling out a 2 euro when those cnuts are waiting for ya to pay up.

On principle now I never tip them, no point in encouraging that behaviour. Think I remember ages ago using some fellas aftershave, might have been in Q bar and then trying to walk away and the fella that time grabbed me by the arm till I tipped him, not too sure on the details of that one as I was fairly rat arsed at the time but there ya are.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

i hate it. i dont think anybody gets anything out of it, so i dont see why its there. i am capable of turning on the tap myself ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Pissing is free, I don't want aftershave, I have some at home that wasnt 2€ a spray either.

I can barely imagine the money these lads pull in in the 3 hours or so they "work".

Screw all these unregulated chancers in bars clubs begging outside etc. they are all chancers making more than an honest worker would.

Fuck 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

"If you want to get some pussy freshen up, if you....... etc."

They annoy me. They nearly make you not want to wash your hands just so as to avoid being harassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Oh yes, I remember now why I don't give them money. One night one of them accused me of robbing money from his tray, just started screaming "Give me back my 2 euro" at me while I was calmly drying my hands. Needless to say I didn't take a piss for the rest of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Why are there no toilet attendants in girls' bathrooms? Are men incapable of washing their own hands or something? :confused:

My guy friends are always complaining about them, you can't even go for a pish in the dingiest of dives without having to pay for it, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acacia wrote: »
    Why are there no toilet attendants in girls' bathrooms? Are men incapable of washing their own hands or something? :confused:

My guy friends are always complaining about them, you can't even go for a pish in the dingiest of dives without having to pay for it, it seems.

What? I've come across a fair amount and I can't stand them. I ignore them as much as I can. If they hand me a towel or something I'll thank them and then leave.
    But none? there are plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

bluewolf wrote: »
    What? I've come across a fair amount and I can't stand them. I ignore them as much as I can. If they hand me a towel or something I'll thank them and then leave.
    But none? there are plenty.

That's strange, I've never come across them.

You must go to fancier clubs than me. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I never give them a penny. bollix to that I quite capable of drying my hands and if a club wants to be posh enough to have someone attend to my toiletry needs fair enough but I aint tipping.
    What I love is a nightclub in my home town got renovated and spent a fortune on those fancy dyson power dryers you put your hands into but they go unused cause theres always an attendant there with his kitchen roll. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acacia wrote: »
    That's strange, I've never come across them.

You must go to fancier clubs than me. :p:D

Nah
    And I should have written in past tense, I avoid clubs as much as possible now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Will still burn your skin when bacteria convert it to ammonia. (that's what nappy rash is)

So you piss on your hands then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well they got rid of that video off Youtube pretty quickly. They're getting damn speedy these days so they are.

Funny thing was I was reading through this thread thinking 'I'm going to find that bit off the IT Crowd on Youtube and post it up'. You beat me to it but the forces of copyright control look like they got the better of both of us.

When will this madness end? :mad:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well they got rid of that video off Youtube pretty quickly. They're getting damn speedy these days so they are.

Funny thing was I was reading through this thread thinking 'I'm going to find that bit off the IT Crowd on Youtube and post it up'. You beat me to it but the forces of copyright control look like they got the better of both of us.

When will this madness end? :mad:

What can I say, great minds think alike.

I don't know what's wrong with that video though, it doesn't work when you try to play the embedded window but it does work when you follow the url link. strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

i generally don't like them as i feel uncomfortable with the whole concept of some one helping me dry my hands.

although one of them did kindly point out to me that i was bleeding excessivly from my foot one evening (stepped in glass and had forgotten between leaving the dancefloor and getting to he bathroom), and wrapped my foot up extremly well and wouldn't let me stand up or leave until one of my friends came to get me.

a doctor would have charged me 50e for the job she did on my foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Aidric wrote: »
    If they incorporated cleaning your dirty hole in to their job spec I'd have a more favourable outlook on them. As it is they just make me feel guilty for leaving without washing my hands.

Dead right there , at least a good squirt of an indoor plant sprayer up the cigar cutter and a swipe of a moist wipe might earn a tip and be of some use.

Otherwise waste of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You know, I've never seen any of them in my life. To heck with them and their begging ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i for one welcome our toilet atendent overlords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I find it slightly unnerving that, without fail, any toilet attendant I've ever encountered has been black, and I'm beginning to subconsciously associate "toilet attendant" with "the black guy in the jacks" as a result..

Advertisement