Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coliforms in well water

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi
    I had my well tested early Nov and results showed:
    Total Coliforms >100
    Escherichia coli 40
    so following a talk with the local environmental Health office i sterilised the well as per their instructions and then tested the water a week later again and the results are :
    Total Coliforms 84 so they still dont comply with the EC driking regulations and I'm looking to get a UV treatment systemon the water before it goes into the house.
    Anybody using one of these and any recommendations of companies who supply these ?
    cheers
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I purchased a pump from www.watertbuy.ie recently and found them very competitive. They stock UV treatment and filter units too.
    How old is your house? There are county council grants available if the house is (I think) over 10years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Stapeler
    Thanks for that had a look at their site the house was built in 2001 I'll contact the Council tomorrow to see what they can do.
    cheers
    joe

Advertisement