Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dwelling !! need help urgent

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hey there ok heres my problem!! my house is only 4 years old and its damp all over the builders were cowboy builders and i regret getting them.. not cheaper in the long run !! And the house is always cold!! any ideas on how to fix the damp penetraion?? i know dpm and dpc prevents the problem but if it doesnt stop what do i do?? or even if there is no dpm/.dpc in the walls what do i do??

Prices on rolls of fibreglass insulation??? :p

thanks in advance, Thomas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

See if your builder was registerd with Homebond. Contact them and ask their professional advice, to start with.

http://www.homebond.ie/

Did this builder build other houses in your neighbourhood? If so, maybe contact the owners to see if they are experiencing similar problems or is yours an isolated situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

my house is only 4 years old and its damp all over

DPM and DPC are simple to install during construction. It is difficult and expesive to retro-fit a damp-proof-course. We'd need more details a better description of each damp problem before I could comment further.

Was the construction inspected at ground floor stage?

I notice you are trying to find out the price of insulation in aother thread.
    Are you sure you are not confusing condensation with damp?

Any pics of damp?

Advertisement