Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas hob problem in Lucan

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm renting a house in Lucan and the tenants have been complaining about one of the gas rings on the cooker hob. They say that they think there might be gas coming from the bottom of it when they turn it on (instead of from the top). Can anyone recommend someone who would be qualified to check this out as a matter of urgency. PM me any details. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Pygmie wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm renting a house in Lucan and the tenants have been complaining about one of the gas rings on the cooker hob. They say that they think there might be gas coming from the bottom of it when they turn it on (instead of from the top). Can anyone recommend someone who would be qualified to check this out as a matter of urgency. PM me any details. Thanks in advance!

Assuming it's a conventional hob with gas jets in crowns then it's probable that something has got spilled on the crown and blocked the holes. Normally these things just lift off. Their caps can be removed and the whole thing can be washed. The gas jet that is then exposed can simply be cleaned with a toothpick or similar. It's normally a routine housekeeping job, not needing a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Pygmie

Ah! I'll have to check that out! Thanks for that!

Advertisement