Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to RDS in the morning- how long?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Have an exam in RDS Simmonscourt tomorrow. I want to be there for nine.

I am going from Kildare Town and was hoping if anyone knew how much time I should give myself to get there?

Also anyone no any good route apart from the busy canal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Will you be driving? walking? cycling? swimming? flying?... might help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

I'm guessing your driving as you're asking what route? I wouldn't drive if you're doing an exam. You don't want to be sitting in traffic watching the minutes go by. I'd get the train to Heuston, Luas to Connolly and Dart out. Or drive to the Red Cow Luas Park & Ride and use public transport from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

thanks...ye had one on Monday and got the train...might just do that again. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Definetly get the train. The last thing you want is to be worried and late and the good thing about getting the train is the responsiblity is on someone else to get you there.

A friend of mine was late for an exam due to public transport, but he kept his ticket, got a letter from Irish Rail confirming that services were late on this particular morning and was allowed to sit a re-test without affecting his overall score.

Thats a long shot I know but if you drive, you have absolutely no come back.

My brother was going to an exam once in UCC Maradyke and had to abandon the car at Leitrim Street near the opera house. He made the exam but the car was towed. You do what you have to do!

Advertisement