Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty p**sed off with O2 (iPhone upgrade)

• 02-12-2008 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Posting this here in case someone else has had the same trouble and found a way around it.
    I have an iPhone 2G, and at the end of Oct i rang O2 who told me i could upgrade online. I filled out the form online and it said someone would contact me with in 48 hours. Obviously they didn't... i didn't pursue it any further at that time, last night i decided i would ring up and try purchase once again.
    So, i rang O2 and was told sorry i couldn't upgrade because it was a 1 month offer and they've changed their policy to only allow 1 upgrade per user per year. Which i used to get the iPhone 2G in March/April (whenever it came out).
    Is this true, or was i talking to a spa in O2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

how is it that you originally got an upgrade in april and another in october? are you an extremely high spender?

o2 did change their upgrade policies very much for the worse a short while ago so that may well be their new polocy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

If your contract is up switch your no. to payg for about 2 weeks, then sign up as a new customer and you'll get a better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Dont you have to be off the network for three months for you to be able to sign as a new customer again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

boc121 wrote: »
    If your contract is up switch your no. to payg for about 2 weeks, then sign up as a new customer and you'll get a better deal.

He can't do that, a minimum of 3 months has to elapse before he can apply for another contract. Also, if he's in contract he'll incur a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its 60 days before you can move back to bill as a new customer, otherwise everyone would just do this to get around the upgrade system, there was an offer on where you could get a silver upgrade approved and use it against the 3g Iphone if you already bought a 2g model when it first launched but its ended now, you could ring and ask really nicely if they'll approve one but chances are they wont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

There's a lot of people pissed at them at the moment.
    They've made a few bad decisions lately and now they're trying to hide them.
    Either threaten to take your business elsewhere, or do actually take your business elsewhere and buy a sim free one, or one on PAYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Go in to your local carphonewarehouse and check it out. 02 stores will try to tell you cant but carphone dont care, try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

boc121 wrote: »
    Go in to your local carphonewarehouse and check it out. 02 stores will try to tell you cant but carphone dont care, try it.

This is most likely true.

Advertisement