Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N70 Blocked on Voda... Will another network allow it?

• 02-12-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi. I got a free N70 of someone I know that works in a nightclub, which someone lost there, and nobody claimed the handset. I tried my voda sim which the phone is registered to and it intermittently blocks calls, so I realised that it's blocked by the network. It's a decent phone and the owner hasn't claimed it, so if I unlock it, will it carry on another Irish network???

Just a thought. I DID NOT steal this phone! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

What network was it on? check the sim card im sure if you called the network it was on and gave them the number on the sim card or the imei number of the phone they would contact the owner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Galway Psychic

It's on Voda, but it was without a sim. I suppose I could give them a shout and see if the owner wants it! (Much rather use it myself tbh). If all else fails it'd do no harm to see if I can return it to the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

its very possible that the owner rang voda to report it lost/stolen and in turn voda bricked the fone (which they can do over the air)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

cojomo2 wrote: »
    its very possible that the owner rang voda to report it lost/stolen and in turn voda bricked the fone (which they can do over the air)

Yeah I've heard of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hand it into the Garda station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement