Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Irie on Primetime

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I work near there, had a nose in after work today on the way home. 3 people in the place, I've never really noticed if they usually have more people in there though so not sure about the drop in trade. I was supposed to be going there for lunch next week. Won't be happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

eth0_ wrote: »
    What is the point of NERA then, if they have no power to enforce their judgements?
    They are a good organisation but if they can't force rogue employers to pay out compensation and change their ways, they are a black hole of taxpayers' money.

Exactly. The way it's described they might as well post about it on boards with a poll as go to this pointless body that does nothing but give their opinion on what they think should be done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

cafe girl wrote: »
    attention please!!!!!
    Cafe Irie on Primetime was happend in thomas st not the one in temple bar . those two coffee shops are own by diffrent pepole . i feel so sorry for the guy which i know just bought cafe irie in temple bar 2 months ago
    is so unfair that is nobody mention the address or anything !!!!!!

Why doesn't he take action against them for trading under his business name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

I decided to never frequent the place again after several years ago, I was left sitting for 45 minutes before my order was even taken. And I had used the place fairly regularily & always tipped. W@nkers.

Why doesn't he take action against them for trading under his business name?

maybe it's a franchise?

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    maybe it's a franchise?

I seriously doubt that.

cafe girl - it was mentioned several times on the TV program that it was Cafe Irie 'based on Thomas street'. You could clearly see from the video footage that it wasn't temple bar!

I seriously doubt that.

why's that? i see no reason why it couldn't be a franchise, ie the same branding but independently owned and run (just to be sure we're talking about the same thing here)

and if you seriously doubt that, what difference does it make which branch it was. surely the whole company should be boycotted if they're all the same operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

micmclo wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the place?
    If you're passing by, has business dropped off drastically?

It'd be interesting to find out

And sure wasn't it the Irish who invented boycotting :)
    Well, not invented it but became very successful at it
    It's seemed quieter the last few days, but I've not been passing at busy hours. Haven't gone in since either ways.
    attention please!!!!!
    Cafe Irie on Primetime was happend in thomas st not the one in temple bar . those two coffee shops are own by diffrent pepole . i feel so sorry for the guy which i know just bought cafe irie in temple bar 2 months ago
    is so unfair that is nobody mention the address or anything !!!!!!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, having spoken to staff and management in there several times. They're the same folk running both.

LOL at some people standing up for the Café. Bit suspicious to say the least.

Of course this place should be boycotted. And to the people who are saying it happens everywhere? Well what's the bets it's happening a lot less now than it was a week ago. And will happen a lot less in future when other places see that Café Irie has lost most of its business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Damnit, I eat there a lot. Never again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cafe girl

cafe irie has been in temple bar for fifteen years. during that time it has had three owners. the second owner set up the cafe in thomas st before selling the temple bar business to the current owner two months ago. the agreement was that both cafes would continue to trade under the cafe irie name, but there is no connection between the two businesses. the primetime programme was only about the thomas st cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

cafe irie has been in temple bar for fifteen years. during that time it has had three owners. the second owner set up the cafe in thomas st before selling the temple bar business to the current owner two months ago. the agreement was that both cafes would continue to trade under the cafe irie name, but there is no connection between the two businesses. the primetime programme was only about the thomas st cafe.

There is an agreement therefore there is a connection, if your "friend" bought the temple bar cafe irie two months ago from the obviously he could call it what he wanted. He should change the name if he doesnt like the attention.

Also who is to say that the same practices were not happening by the owners up to two months ago if they were the same people who have the thomas street cafe irie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

If there are no longer any connections between the businesses then I think sound business practice should encourage the Temple Bar outlet to distance themselves from the other one by changing the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

The CRO only lists one Cafe Irie trading at 11 Lower Fownes St, Dublin 2, which is the address of the original Cafe Irie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

penexpers wrote: »
    The CRO only lists one Cafe Irie trading at 11 Lower Fownes St, Dublin 2, which is the address of the original Cafe Irie.

Does this mean that they are the same company?

penexpers wrote: »

Presumably the Thomas St operation has a different company name and is T/A 'cafe irie'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Exactly. The way it's described they might as well post about it on boards with a poll as go to this pointless body that does nothing but give their opinion on what they think should be done

Boycott the place (as a lot of people are doing) and they will go out of business. Freemarket justice, just stop spending your money in places like that, it may just be picking on the ones we know about, but others will take notice of the restaurant going out of business and might change their policies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I for one welcome our new Cafe Irie overlords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 patrikp

They are owned by the same people .

patrikp wrote: »
    They are owned by the same people .
    it now seems that pamela is as bad as her fella eamonn

• Advertisement

rcunning03 wrote: »
    Boycott the place (as a lot of people are doing) and they will go out of business. Freemarket justice, just stop spending your money in places like that, it may just be picking on the ones we know about, but others will take notice of the restaurant going out of business and might change their policies
    Good for you

does anyone have the link to this. I cant ind it on line :(
    check out prime time cafe irie on you tube

Presumably the Thomas St operation has a different company name and is T/A 'cafe irie'
    same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

patrikp wrote: »
    same people.

Confirm this or stop posting rubbish.

Who are you trying to protect , both places are connected and run by finnegan and fagan

Confirm this or stop posting rubbish.
    what do you want to know

Confirm that the Owners are the same via a verifiable source and post it here

Dont know why your defending them, both places are owned and run by the same people, thank you

Confirm that the Owners are the same via a verifiable source and post it here
    I will give you a verifiable sourse-open your eyes , both places ,same people

• Advertisement

Bye Bye... Troll

Advertisement