Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT and large tyres

Options
  • 02-12-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Would anyone here have any experience with trying to nct a vehicle with large off road tyres? I have to nct my Jimny soon and shes running on 12.5" wide 35" MT tyres. They don't foul or rub on anything but they do protrude about an inch from the arches. I'm probably going to have to just put her in for the test and cross my fingers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DTC

Arse fail, on the plus side you'll get through if you just whack on some rubber extensions like in this photo.
    Sami_9.jpg
    I've none on the back an they failed but the front wheels passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

DTC wrote: »
    Arse fail, on the plus side you'll get through if you just whack on some rubber extensions like in this photo.

The tyre needs to be inside the arch. That's why you see people 'rolling' their arches to fit wider tyres. That's a savage looking beast you have there btw, just hope it's not for the school run :P

Bit more work to pass my nct an then i'll be takin her out to get dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Jaysus.

Did you do anything with the brakes on that? I wouldn't have thought they'd stand up to well to the mass of those MT's spinning on the hubs....

Did you do the work yourself or buy it like that?

Mental looking yoke. I'd love to come have a look at it :D

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

• Advertisement

I was planning to build an off road Jimny like that challenge one, then i bought a samurai that i was going to modify for off roading an just before a trip to England to get the parts for it i seen the big Jimny for sale. Had to go all the way to Cardiff for her but it was well worth it. She needed a good bit of work, bearings, brakes etc but shes nearly ready. I'll have to resist doing anything major to her until i sell the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Bit more work to pass my nct an then i'll be takin her out to get dirty

If you're looking for company...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

Sami_9.jpg
    WOW , that looks good :cool::cool:

Advertisement