Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering on low mileage cars

Options
  • 02-12-2008 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have bought an 04 car (Avensis) with only 16,000 miles. The steering is a bit stiff and slow speeds. Could this be to do with low mileage / lack of use? I had a similar low mileage car before that had the same issue with the gearbox, and very slightly with steering.

Has anyone enountered this before, and if so is it easy to remedy?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Geizer wrote: »
    I have bought an 04 car (Avensis) with only 16,000 miles. The steering is a bit stiff and slow speeds. Could this be to do with low mileage / lack of use? I had a similar low mileage car before that had the same issue with the gearbox, and very slightly with steering.

Has anyone enountered this before, and if so is it easy to remedy?

Thanks in advance.

did somebody forget to tell you that the Avensis is a boring drive and that the stiff steering is a characteristic of that.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Check your tyre pressures first.

If it's still at it when you check/adjust pressures, you'd be as well to get it checked out - could be something simple or still under warranty/recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Geizer

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    did somebody forget to tell you that the Avensis is a boring drive and that the stiff steering is a characteristic of that.....:P

Thanks for the flame. However, I didn´t buy the car for the wow factor. It cost only a few grand, and unless i´m spending upwards of 40k on a serious machine, every car is boring.

Anyone else have any (useful) input?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tc1979

my friend had a 04 avensis and i know he got a letter from toyato a few weeks after him buying it that he had to bring it in to get something done with the steering
    not much help i know but mite be worth ringing a toyato garage

Advertisement