Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Topaz Fuel Card Joke

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ah well, you see now.....apparently just because there is a decrease in the price of crude, doesn't mean it translates into a decrease at the pumps, they still have to refine it, deliver it etc.......At least that what that waste of oxygen from Maxol witters on about any time he's asked.

Why they can increase 10 minutes after an announcement about problems with a reffinery in Nigeria, but it takes 6/8 weeks to decrease is a scandal.

I Certainly avoid Topaz at all costs - Everywhere I go they are the most expensive, apart from the small country garages who can't seem to remember how to change the prices down at all. Nice move to buy garages and then get the fuel buyers to pay for the company for you.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

is there an alternative card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

staker wrote: »
    Not totally unrelated but-
    I stopped off in a Topaz SS in Cork city today,there was a coin lock on the water and air nozzles.
    2 EURO FOR WATER/AIR!!!:eek::eek:
    I nearly pissed into my window washer container.
    I will not be using Topaz again.:mad:

wtf are you serious?? that is unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 69,002 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Card price has come down to 99.92 for petrol (reasonable) and 101.42 for diesel (no idea...) from midnight; this means it may become useful outside of Dublin again.

I cannot see how the 'pump price if lower' can be costing them any more than undercutting pump prices could/did in the past have though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Dear XXXXXX

I am pleased to inform you that Topaz Energy, the company behind your Fuel Card, has decided to postpone the introduction of any change to the pricing mechanism on your Fuel Card until January 23rd 2009.

This means that any charges made to your account since the November 21st change will be reversed and you can continue to benefit from a default to pump price where the card price is higher.

Your prices from midnight tonight will be;

Unleaded: 99.92

Diesel: 101.42

Best regards,

Fuelcard Administrator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 King Chili

staker wrote: »
    Not totally unrelated but-
    I stopped off in a Topaz SS in Cork city today,there was a coin lock on the water and air nozzles.
    2 EURO FOR WATER/AIR!!!:eek::eek:
    I nearly pissed into my window washer container.
    I will not be using Topaz again.:mad:

I have to ask the question, are there actually people out there so stupid that they do not realise that you get your €2 back if you replace the Air/Water nozzle?:cool:

Do you think that you are charged €1 in Tesco to use their trolley. Of course not. You get the money back when you return the trolley. Every Topaz garage I have seen with the €2 Air/Water operates on the same principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

I have a used to be statoil fuel card and I got that email about the variance at the pump change. As a result I haven't and won't be using the card again. I'll keep it as a last resort stuck in the back end of nowhere with no cash situation. I am not happy with this new Topaz 'friendly happy oil company.' Yeah right.

Riv

Advertisement