Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expensing Advice Quick Please!!!!

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

I'm currently an IT Contractor and am fortunate enough to be in a position whereby I can buy any IT Certification books or educational materials of any kind and expense them. My status is due to end in the next week or two due to a not so fortunate change in my employment status :( so I'm am anxious to buy now while the going is good and then in time leave the Gobshítes who are trying to reverse my career progression ASAP in the process - ie. by getting certified and thus more employable!!!

So far I have bought Sybex's CCNA book - Author Todd Lammle; have not booked the exam yet; hope to book this somewhere tomorrow for ~3 months time and then prepare for it. [Anyone know where I can sit this exam - I'm Limerick based?]

I am now thinking of buying something for the SCJP exam - Is this the standard here?

SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065 - By Katherine Sierra

Again I hope to buy a recommended book and also book the exam around some reasonably attainable timeframe [Any advice on what this might be?]

Final two Cert.s I want are in the DBA field - Oracle/SQL? And also UNIX/Linux - I suppose what I'm asking for is a common-sense wishlist which will ultimately get me places - but I'm clueless really so any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Sorry to be such a Leech, asking everything and offering nothing!!! - How about if I post back if I ever manage to pass [any of] these & I promise to pass on any books etc. to the next candidate [?] when I'm done :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Hea Raiser the Cisco book you have is one of the best out there, really good detail and easy to read.You can sit the exam in the HSI(61 317822 )think its 180 Euro.

3 months may not be enough if you have not worked with Cisco before and doing it self study.You mentioned Linux, the Linux+ from Comtia or RHCE may be of interest.

Check out techexams.net for some great info, and study guides.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey Barry - thanks for taking the time to get back to me - will check all of this out :D

Advertisement