Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

(personal) Topaz fuel cards - ceasing to have any use whatsoever

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭

Just got an email there:

"It has been brought to our attention that the fuel company behind your current Fuel Card (Topaz Energy Group Limited) has recently introduced a change to its pricing mechanism. From Friday the 21st of November the automatic default to pump price where the card price is higher is no longer in effect."

First problem is I just got that there, now. Not before the 21st of November. Meaning I'll probably have a few euros extra to pay as the card price has been higher than pump price since, well, ever.

Second problem is this makes the card entirely pointless for a personal user. It basically means you'll be paying MORE for the convenience of paying for your fuel before your credit card bill would even have arrived...

When I got a card, the card price was nearly always cheaper in the Dublin region and significantly cheaper in rural areas. Now its not going to be any cheaper at all. Theres no minimum use on the card, so I'm going to keep it for use in the rest of Europe, but thats ~400 litres a month + associated purchases thats going to be going to my local Maxol (6c a litre cheaper than the card right now).

I know from previous threads theres a fair few users (or former users) on here, who're likely to have similar issues with being charged more than they'd agreed to by what seems to be a post-facto change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

I have topaz card and wife told me that they are charging an "adminitration" fee for cancelling cards. anyone know if this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just stop using it, theres no ongoing fees... I've one I asked to get cancelled for an old car, still got a brand new card with its reg embossed on it in the post when the old one expired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

i have 50 euro per week direct debit from my wages, will have to cancel that as well though. thanks

Advertisement