Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lumps on tyres

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

I bought a a new set of tyres for my car about 11 months ago and I noticed this morning that 2 of them have lumps on the wall of them??? Tyres still look like new. How can this happen? Over inflation maybe? Crappy tyres?
    I have to confess their not really expensive tyres... Their continental or somthing like that.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There is a slit or a puncture on the wall but it hasn't quiet come right through past the outside layer thus resulting in a lump. The best advice would be to change them as soon as possible, because anything from a pothole, to taking a turn too quick, to driving fast could finish them off resulting in agro for you

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Was just reading the thread title and was about to ask are they continental tyres:D Its caused by crap tyres, as a Doe tester I see a lot of tyres and have to say that Continentals are utter rubbish no other brand of tyre seems to go out of shape/develop bumps the way continentals do they are a fairly highly rated tyre but they only thing I would use them on is a bonfire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Feck it anyways I have to buy 2 new bloody tyres again...

A this time of the year what would be the ideal tire pressure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kurva

Continentals are utter rubbish no other brand of tyre seems to go out of shape/develop bumps the way continentals do !!

which have been the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

You get what you pay for, the higher end tyres seem to wear the best and you would rarely ever see lumps or tread splitting and lifting on the higher end brands, personally I only ever fit Bridgestone, Pirelli or Yokahama to my own cars with Bridgestone having the edge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement