Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Turntable Repair

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate your advice. I'm looking to get an old turntable repaired. Not sure what's wrong,but when you plug in amp it makes bad sound. Any suggestions where to go to have it looked at and get a quote?

Thanks in advance,
    Fifs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Probably cheaper to get a new one. It will probably need components replaced and that could make it nearly as dear as a new or second hand one along with labour etc.

Unless of course it's something really amazing like a Linn or something.

If it's really posh you could try Clooney Audio in Blackrock, Dublin. I'm not sure if Ceol are still going. If it's something like a Technics or a DJ turntable you could give sounds around on Caple Street a call. Is it Sounds Around? something like that anyway.

Could also try the DJ forum in Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fifs

Thanks a mill studiorat. Spoke to a guy in Sounds Around and will drop it in there in the hopes that he'll give me a quote.

Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

There was (two years ago) a bloke at the bottom of the south circular road, between Synge Stret and the Bleeding Horse who did repairs on most everthing. Might be worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fifs

Cool, will suss that out also.

While I'm asking actually...any tips on where to buy the cheapest possible Amp with phono stage for this record player? (guess who's trying to piece together a very budget christmas present!) Have checked online but only seem to find "preamps", which I'm guessing aren't the same thing! Oh lordy...

Fifs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Iya

Whats this got to do with video editing????

• Advertisement
Advertisement