Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird

Options
  • 02-12-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

I had an out of body experience this morning.

sat up, tried to turn on my light, to no avail. got out of bed, checked the time on my phone (7:23), went to turn on the big light, but it wouldn't turn on. I then tried to open the door, but it was stuck. I turned around to go to the windows to open the blinds for light, and as I did so I saw myself in bed. was a bit freaked out, went ack over to me, then i woke up again. thought "must have beem a dream, odd tha it felt so real", checked the time. 7.23.

anyone else ever experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Were you smoking anything different that night :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

When cramming for exams and writing papers, my sleep patterns get messed up, and during periods of exhaustion I've experienced similar dreams as the one you recounted PIP. Sometimes I think I am dreaming that I am dreaming, until I stumble over something and realise I was up but only half awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

This happens to me all the time. I often "wake up" feeling really frightened, like I've had a nightmare, try to turn on the light but it wont go on, I look down, there I am, I get a fright, jolt awake, try to turn on light can't, jolt awake, again and again. It's bloody terrifying.

Happens nearly everytime my OH is away with work, and I think my fear of it happening makes it worse. Like I expect it to happen when he's away, so it will. I've thought about it tonight before I sleep, so I wouldn't be suprised if it happened tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Parkie

Only ever had the rollercoaster falling dream thingy Iam afraid....no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Were you smoking anything different that night :P
    other then nothing? no...still nothing. wasn't drinking. or anything that would make some sort of immediate biological sense
    When cramming for exams and writing papers, my sleep patterns get messed up, and during periods of exhaustion I've experienced similar dreams as the one you recounted PIP. Sometimes I think I am dreaming that I am dreaming, until I stumble over something and realise I was up but only half awake.
    yeah, i've had those, but this was def out of body. but thanks :D
    This happens to me all the time. I often "wake up" feeling really frightened, like I've had a nightmare, try to turn on the light but it wont go on, I look down, there I am, I get a fright, jolt awake, try to turn on light can't, jolt awake, again and again. It's bloody terrifying.

Happens nearly everytime my OH is away with work, and I think my fear of it happening makes it worse. Like I expect it to happen when he's away, so it will. I've thought about it tonight before I sleep, so I wouldn't be suprised if it happened tonight.

My mum was saying it could be stress related...nice to know its not jus me. thanks
    Parkie wrote: »
    Only ever had the rollercoaster falling dream thingy Iam afraid....no help.
    uhhh the falling dream...

• Advertisement
Advertisement