Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Spare Key

Options
  • 02-12-2008 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey folks,

Recently bought myself an '02 3 series but unfortunately no spare key!:mad:

Anybody any idea how much it will cost to get one? I know there are the obvious places to go i.e. Joe Duffy Motors etc. but maybe somebody knows elsewhere with a good price.

Thanks in advance.

Trig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

Hi Trig,
    My wife got one last week for a '04 E46 3 series from a BMW main dealer for the extortionate price of €148 inc VAT.
    Keep well,
    Torq.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Trigger84 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Recently bought myself an '02 3 series but unfortunately no spare key!:mad:

Anybody any idea how much it will cost to get one? I know there are the obvious places to go i.e. Joe Duffy Motors etc. but maybe somebody knows elsewhere with a good price.

Thanks in advance.

Trig

bit strange tbh

it should come with 4 keys, hard to believe the previous owner lost them all?

I'd make sure i had my gates locked if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

4 keys? AFAIK, new ones only come with two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

..I've never bought a second hand car which had a spare!
    Whatsmore, I've looked at a few second hand BMW's and only one that I saw had the spare key.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Anan1 wrote: »
    4 keys? AFAIK, new ones only come with two.

The 2 electronic keys, the valet key and the 'surfer' key. At least that what I have for mine.

Some of them even have 5 keys ....

CIMG4917.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement