Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE FARAWAY TREE BOOKS by Enid Blyton !!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah I am so apalled that they've changed the names! Part of the charm of the Enid Blyton books was how delightfully old-fashioned they were! I bet they've even taken the Gollywog out of Naughty Amelia Jane now :(

Must not have read that series, but have read (and at one time, had full collections of):

The Five Find-Outers. (my personal favourites)
    The Famous Five.
    The Secret Seven.
    The "Adventure" series.
    The "R" series - don't know if this had a name, had some guy called Barney in them!

And jasus, loads others. Blyton was the master of childrens fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Yes! It's all coming back. Was it Sylvia who made those delicious biscuits? And I think Saucepan head and Moonface were their mates alright. And then there was a lady who poured water from her washing down the tree and soaked them from time to time.

think her name was dame wishy washy lol:)

anplaya wrote: »
    Yes! It's all coming back. Was it Sylvia who made those delicious biscuits? And I think Saucepan head and Moonface were their mates alright. And then there was a lady who poured water from her washing down the tree and soaked them from time to time.

think her name was dame wishy washy lol:)

sorry dame washalot,and there was an angry pixie too ,and sylvia the fairy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

demakinz wrote: »
    my favorites books grown up.has anyone else read them? the characters in the storys were fantastic..does any one know where i can find them?
    i would love to know what people thought of these fantastic books!!

I dunno i thought the BDSM scenes were a bit over the top myself?.But whatever your into,who am i to judge.If you really like this stuff,i seen a huge enid blyton selection in chapters bookshop(near parnell sq,dublin) last saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jcunningham

I've just been working on a category for Enid Blyton on our site Bestsellers.ie. Most of the books are in print. If there are other series that you would me to add post them here and I'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks.

http://www.bestsellers.ie/category-3892-0-Enid_Blyton_Books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Wasn't the fairy called Silky? Not Sylvia? She had beautiful hair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yeah, Silky sounds more like it alright. Loved those books so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I still have the 3 books I had when I was a kid. Started reading the first one to my own recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Does anyone remember these by Enid Blyton, a chair that grew wings when you rubbed cream on the legs?? That was also a great book, I had all 3 in one volume, same as faraway tree, it had a grey cover, the faraway tree was a beige one... I was only a Blyton maniac as a kid, wanted to be in the secret 7 so badly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats rings a bell alright. No idea what it was called.

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember these by Enid Blyton, a chair that grew wings when you rubbed cream on the legs?? That was also a great book, I had all 3 in one volume, same as faraway tree, it had a grey cover, the faraway tree was a beige one... I was only a Blyton maniac as a kid, wanted to be in the secret 7 so badly!

that was The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair:D

Advertisement