Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repair Shops Beating Recession

• 02-12-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

After seeing today the boom in the repair shop trade I began to think of getting a few things fixed up myself.

Anyone know where in Dublin or Kildare I could find somewhere that would replace my broken jacket zip. Really miss it these cold morings!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is the zip completely gone?

You know the way you sometimes close a zip but it opens halfway down the zip motion? this can be fixed, you need to squeeze the zip together a little, on both sides where the gap is. I do this with a vice grip, since you can set it so you do not overdo it. Just keep adjusting and testing until done.

I guess a tailors would do it, probably pricey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I presume any clothing/alterations shop would do it. There's a good cheapish alterations place just above La Cave restaurant off Grafton St. - I think it's opposite Eddie Rockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Usually the local dry cleaners will also offer a repair service.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kco2010

Hi All, does anyone know of anywhere that does Shoe Alterations, I bought a fab pair of shoes but really need a strap put on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Fashion & Appearance - as it's not really a Consumer Issue.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement