Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy veal bones

Options
  • 02-12-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy veal bones in Dublin?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ildiaolo

Hi Polipo has anyone ever got back to you about this? been looking for veal bones myself for stock but not having much luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

They are hard to find; I was looking for some before to make proper demi glace at home. Maybe use beef bones? I tried an alternative recipe, using chicken bones and feet, and it turned out quite well. If you're interested the recipe's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ildiaolo

Hey Magic monkey, I've been able to source veal bones but they only come in prepacked 10kg and 20kg bags which is way too much for personal use to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

ildiaolo wrote: »
    Hey Magic monkey, I've been able to source veal bones but they only come in prepacked 10kg and 20kg bags which is way too much for personal use to be honest!

Well Not Necessarily, You Could Have a stock day and buy the 10kg bag of bones Roast them all off, add ur all ur usual veg and herbs n water and make some Real nice stock and freeze it in Ice cube trays/ Boxes in the freezer.
    Or u could make demi glaze. :)

Real Handy to have Frozen Homemade Stock, Makes everything Taste amazingly better.. :D

Also, Could you Go to a good butchers and inquire? Or a Good Food market Like the English market we have in cork <3:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

oh god.. A year old thread.. :rolleyes: haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

You can buy the really good small tubs of veal demi glaze in Superquinn. I forget the brand. It's good stuff. Costs around a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dunnes in donnybrook sell veal so i'm sure you could get veal bones from them

Advertisement