Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw Nixer??

Options
  • 02-12-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondered if any of you would be interested in a small nixer. Young one put some coins into the cd player and the drivers side vent of the wifes 520 (2007). I'm living over in dublin 12 so if someone was close and wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg to remove them then drop me a pm and i'll go from there.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,323 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Free bump for you! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I don't you can really open up a cd player.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is this a multichanged or in-dash changer?
    Do you mean the air vents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

:rolleyes:
    newmills wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Just wondered if any of you would be interested in a small nixer. Young one put some coins into the cd player and the drivers side vent of the wifes 520 (2007). I'm living over in dublin 12 so if someone was close and wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg to remove them then drop me a pm and i'll go from there.
    Cheers.

ill give it a bash, pm me further details and ill see if i can pop by...

the more work the merrier.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I saw this happen to my credit card once albeit in a different car. Some light wire and strips of paper with sticky tape attached brought it out, albeit coins are heavier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,323 ✭✭✭✭Esel

S.I.R wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

S.I.R wrote: »

Are you some 16 or 17 year old secondary school student and not a trained mechanic at all?

Hey, I've not been checking your posts but I do remember a few epic threads over in work forum.
    Maybe you're up to this task, but if you've no experience at all, maybe let the OP know

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

we regulalry have this happen to slot loading macs in work, if its a single disk cd unit ill give it a go, 50 euro to do it + say a 10er for diesel for me to get to and from leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

€60 would pay for an hour's labour with a good independent mechanic.

newmills, AC cars are off the SCR and won't rip you off.

we regulalry have this happen to slot loading macs in work, if its a single disk cd unit ill give it a go, 50 euro to do it + say a 10er for diesel for me to get to and from leixlip
    €10 for petrol? What do you drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote: »
    €10 for petrol? What do you drive?

Veyron TDI :D

AA Ireland wrote:
    Route Planner (From Confey to Leixlip)

Time: 0 hr 6 min
    Total Distance (Km): 3.22

1MPG :D

read the first post again - Leixlip to D12!

OOps :o

I knew there wasn't a Veyron diesel. Must be one of those Touareg 5.0 V10 diesels so...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    1MPG :D

HAHA!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

Hi OP. Unfortunatly I am not closer to you as I could give it a go. It would need removing the CD player and stripping it down. Not the hardest work to do but annoying and Fiddly due to the possibility of snapping clips etc.

Anyway, my advice would be to go to a shop that deals with CD instalations (Not Halfords) and they should sort you out.

Advertisement