Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts and experiences on Speeddating

Options
  • 02-12-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi ,
    Im just wondering about Peoples thought and experiences on speeddating?
    Also, good events that that are in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd imagine it would be kinda fun. Never tried though. Wouldn't know where to begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

I haven't done it myself but two of my mates did it and I heard they had great craic,met a couple of sound girls out of it too (although nothing really came of it) :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there are about 5,000 other threads on this subject. you use the search function and find out other people responses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

ooohhhh Bitchie!

In the LL..... ....well I never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Zulu wrote: »
    ooohhhh Bitchie!

In the LL..... ....well I never!

lol :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mcfast

i went along with 2 mates,was a good laugh but nothing came of it.i thought it seemed like half were there for a laugh or supporting there mates and others were reeking of desperation.if you go just chill out and look on it as a nite out not the last chance youll get to bag a man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I went once, and it was good craic. Got a couple of matches, but no chemistry really after a date with two of the guys I met there. Check out www.getout.ie - very well run IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Yeah, I would definitely recommend www.getout.ie. I've tried it, it's good craic and there's plenty of nice guys/gals there. Don't be afraid to go on your own either, I've seen people arrive by themselves and mingle easily with others at the bar before the event begins. Only costs 25 euro and IMO it beats internet dating hands down!

I was really pleasantly surprised, definitely give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 franny1

there are about 5,000 other threads on this subject. you use the search function and find out other people responses
    obviously a touchy subject for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 franny1

Porkpie wrote: »
    Yeah, I would definitely recommend www.getout.ie. I've tried it, it's good craic and there's plenty of nice guys/gals there. Don't be afraid to go on your own either, I've seen people arrive by themselves and mingle easily with others at the bar before the event begins. Only costs 25 euro and IMO it beats internet dating hands down!

cheers to all for the feed back on this and the contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't think it would be for me, how well can you hit it off with someone in the short time they give you unless you are regurgitating some speech you practiced in the bathroom mirror.

Maybe it works, I don't know but it seems like the kind of thing people might do because they are just interested in a quick "wham-bam-thank-you-mam" and nothing else, so its not really dating is it? I exaggerate of course, my only reference to speed dating comes from "Hitch" and that tv ad about the hot chocolate flavours, can't remember the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

This is my experience of speed dating....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055363513

Thumbs up from T01 :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We never heard the end of that story Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

It's for the best, dude.

Basically, I got caught :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think we all knew that was going to happen anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Porkpie wrote: »

When booking do you have to pay with credit card?

My, uh.. friend wants to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

IIRC correctly, you can pay by laser or credit card, either online or over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

i went speed dating in blackrock with accelerdate.ie,and i meet my boyfriend,and no, neither of us were desperate,we just saw it as a alugh and something different to try, the 3 minutes were definately long enough to discover if you were attracted to someone or not, sometimes it was too long! with some people you just click and you know, thats what happened with us. with some of the other peopl there it felt like a job interview, or they seemed a bit desperate, and some of them were really nice people, so it was a good mix of people.

as with anything, it is what you make of it, and if you go there with a closed mind then its never going to work, but go there with an open mind and view it as just another way to meet people, then you never know who you might meet. to meet someone ive fallen madly in love with, thats 25 euro well spent i tell ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I'd do it for the craic if some mates came along. I wouldn't expect anything to come of it, I'd just imagine it would be a good laugh.

However I think it would be more of a chance thing, if someone asked me or I happened to pass by an 'open session' if such a thing exsits, wouldn't seek it out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Some psychological study recently showed that you make up you mind within a couple of minutes of meeting someone whether you like them or not. Makes sense when you think of it. Speaking from a bloke's point of view, a lot of bars and clubs these days are too noisy and you never know if the girl you have your eyes on is actually single, just there to dance, or if she's going to tell you to f__ off. Most of the people, lads and ladies, that go speed dating are perfectly level headed, not desperate, they just want a practical no-nonsense approach to getting a date. The atmosphere is really relaxed and not at all intimidating. I went before, and at one stage had 4 different dates set up!

So, definitely give it a go, and if nothing else, you'll have a great laugh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement