Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas in Audit

• 02-12-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,
    im aware that in Kpmg there is 3 sections in audit-financial services,cim and cech(not sure if that is spelt right!)im just wondering if anyone could tell me what each area covers

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

kodmuffin wrote: »
    Hi,
    im aware that in Kpmg there is 3 sections in audit-financial services,cim and cech(not sure if that is spelt right!)im just wondering if anyone could tell me what each area covers

Thanks!

http://www.kpmg.ie/industries/overview/homepage/index.html

That explains the industries pretty well.

I thought each one was a different section though..how do the rest fit into cim and cech?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

Hi,
    thanks for your reply,yeh i had seen that site,but i had heard that it had changed recently or something.......just wondering if anyone working there knows?
    thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Failed Salesman

The only change was a change in name. MRD (manufacturing, retail, distribution) became CIM (I think thats consumer industrial markets. Not 100%). The areas that each department covers remains the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Audit is split into three sections:

CHEC - Communications Healthcare Energy & Construction
    CIM - Consumer and Industrial Markets (recent change so not 100%!)
    FS - Financial Services

CHEC and CIM are broadly similar and are based in the Stephen's Green office. Financial Services is more based on funds & banks and is therefore a bit more technical and a lot less enjoyable (anecdotal evidence only). FS is also based in the IFSC.

As far as I'm aware, you don't have a choice as to what section you'll be put in, though if you're not overly keen you might be able to change it around (before you start, not after)

The Industries bit in the link I suspect is a bit old, it doesn't translate very well into the way things are actually structured.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

Thats great,exactly what i was looking for,thanks a million

• Advertisement
Advertisement