Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That live on tubridy Tonight this saturday!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

oh I'm quite excited! good thing I've planned to go out friday night this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great, another reason not to watch that awful show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nuttylaura

what a fantastic show....I was there and it rocked...Take That were amazing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God that audience was a bunch of spastics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why anyone would voluntarily sit in an audience at one of these things is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Decades of feminists trying to be taken seriously undone in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I actually like Take Thats music , well Gary Barlows music watched themon ITV earlier, they do put on a good show and Barlow is a very good writer Patience and Rule the world a very good pop tunes but the audience were a bit :o all right on Tubridy, then again they are always like that on that show

Why anyone would voluntarily sit in an audience at one of these things is beyond me.
    Kold wrote: »

Aw thanks for your opinions.

words 'face' and 'bothered' spring to my mind....

:rolleyes:

nuttylaura wrote: »
    Aw thanks for your opinions.

words 'face' and 'bothered' spring to my mind....

:rolleyes:
    Ah yes, exactly the wise words I'd expect from an audience member of Turbridididy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nuttylaura wrote: »
    what a fantastic show....I was there and it rocked...Take That were amazing:)

They didnt even sing live ffs!!

Thought the interview was good though if a bit cringeworthy at some points with the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JodTT

I think it's clear to see that anyone in that audience had a bloody great time, so I can't say the opinions of a very small minority bitter and twisted forum posters are going to take my buzz away from me.

I've always said I feel sorry for people that don't understand the buzz that surrounds TT.

*shakes head sadly and departs thread again*

Haha ^^ I think I can understand the buzz of Take That. Oh look, we don't have to be mature and self sufficient women, these boys will look after us with their handsome faces and cheesy music that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Look, they're not even terrified of our desperation! SCREAM!!!!!
    Also, face bothered? Wat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FionaTT

God that audience was a bunch of spastics.
    lol! What makes me laugh is that yee were sitting at home on a Saturday night looking at this so called "spastic audience" while they were having mighty craic. Hope you enjoyed your Saturday night in front of the telly, we had the time of our lives and partied till the early hours afterwards.
    Sorry I didn't realise you had to hate men in order to be a modern day feminist. I'm a "mature and self sufficient woman" but I also have the confidence to go mental when I want to and enjoy the craic and not care what anyone thinks. I'd hate to take myself that seriously and be so miserable.

Anyway, brilliant show, brilliant lads.... and as regards "cheesy music that makes no sense", seems you're in the minority there, fastest selling tour ever...record album sales...I could go on.... and on......TT are around for a while, whether yee like it or not. Woo hoo!

FionaTT wrote: »
    lol! What makes me laugh is that yee were sitting at home on a Saturday night looking at this so called "spastic audience" while they were having mighty craic. Hope you enjoyed your Saturday night in front of the telly, we had the time of our lives and partied till the early hours afterwards.

Who said I was watching it? You're reading things that aren't there.

Sorry I didn't realise you had to hate men in order to be a modern day feminist. I'm a "mature and self sufficient woman" but I also have the confidence to go mental when I want to and enjoy the craic and not care what anyone thinks. I'd hate to take myself that seriously and be so miserable.

Anyway, brilliant show, brilliant lads.... and as regards "cheesy music that makes no sense", seems you're in the minority there, fastest selling tour ever...record album sales...I could go on.... and on......TT are around for a while, whether yee like it or not. Woo hoo!

I caught it eating my dinner before off for a few bevvies. I hope you enjoyed creaming your panties whilst watching an idiotic show presenter with a bunch of musically unspecial male models. I really doubt I am in the minority of people who think that Take That bring nothing to the table. In fact, I'd like you to tell me honestly how talented they are and what's so great about their music. Do... Go on...

Seriously though. That audience. Bunch of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FionaTT

In fact, I'd like you to tell me honestly how talented they are and what's so great about their music. Do... Go on...
    Nah you're not worth the effort. You can't even have a logical discussion on the issue without throwing filthy insults.

I caught it eating my dinner before off for a few bevvies. I hope you enjoyed creaming your panties whilst watching an idiotic show presenter with a bunch of musically unspecial male models. I really doubt I am in the minority of people who think that Take That bring nothing to the table. In fact, I'd like you to tell me honestly how talented they are and what's so great about their music. Do... Go on...

Seriously though. That audience. Bunch of idiots.

Bit harsh mate,the likes of Westlife and Boyzone yes, but Take That have Gary Barlow who is a very successful songwriter, even when his career went pear shaped some years ago, he went to the US, got a writing contract from Sony and established himself as a successful songwriter, returned to the UK and set up his own production/writing comany and had been working with other artists before Take That reformed, Take That is only a small part of his career now. I am in no way a typical Take That fan, I'm male for starters, but have to say I like their music, yes I do cringe a bit when I see the audience, sorry girls. I think it is unfair though to lump Take That in that whole boyband category, not as if they are been given songs or singing covers, Barlow has a number of Ivor Novellos to his name so credit where it is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,851 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Got to agree with OpenRoad here...
    I think Gary is a very good singer and is obviously very talented. Successful in the music writing business. As OpenRoad said, credit where credit is due. However, I have Never been a Take That fan. I am female but wouldn't scream over them. I also found the crowd a bit cringe-worthy on Tubridy Tonight...

I understand that he can put lyrics to music but let's face it. In the world of music writers, it's trash. If Leonard Cohen is Joyce then Barlow is writing for Mills & Boon.
    Love it has so many beautiful faces
    Sharing lives and sharing days
    My love it had so many empty spaces
    Im sharing a memory now I hope thats how it stays
    Now Im deep inside love and still breathing
    She is holding my heart in her hand
    Im the closest Ive been to believing
    This could be love forever

All throughout my life the reasons Ive demanded
    But how can I reason with the reason Im a man

In a minute Im needing to hold her
    In an hour Im cold, cold as stone
    When she leaves it gets harder and harder to face life alone
    Now my dreams are filled with times when were together
    Guess what I need from her is forever love

Mindless. Garbage.

"Our love is such great love,
    When you're gone, it's sh*t, because I haven't got love,
    Let's hold eachother and love and sh*t forevvvvvvvvvvver."

I personally prefer my song.

Nah you're not worth the effort. You can't even have a logical discussion on the issue without throwing filthy insults.

Nah seriously, I've got an open mind. Shoot.

• Advertisement

I hope you enjoyed creaming your panties whilst watching an idiotic show presenter with a bunch of musically unspecial male models.

I'm busy. Can I ignore you some other time?

I understand that he can put lyrics to music but let's face it. In the world of music writers, it's trash. If Leonard Cohen is Joyce then Barlow is writing for Mills & Boon.

Mindless. Garbage.

"Our love is such great love,
    When you're gone, it's sh*t, because I haven't got love,
    Let's hold eachother and love and sh*t forevvvvvvvvvvver."

I personally prefer my song.

No one is saying that he is the greatest songwriter that has ever lived, fact is he is very successful songwriter/producer and is a multi millionaire as a result,and the cash keeps rolling in for him,as a songwriter he is in huge demand,and has Ivor novellos to back it up,as I said you have to respct him for what he has achieved, he(the group) is not been given songs to sing or singing covers like other so called similar bands, its not your cup of tea which is fine, yes the screaming fans thing possible does not help his credibility, but the guy has talent and is going about doing his thing, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Who said I was watching it? You're reading things that aren't there.

Loving ur location MagicMarker! Might I suggest you stay there!!
    As for anyone else slagging off the audience on Tubridy on sat what is wrong what letting ur hair down and having a bit of craic!! I happened to be there myself and I found it a lot more entertaining than sitting at pc slagging people off!! Some people need to get a life!

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    As for anyone else slagging off the audience on Tubridy on sat what is wrong what letting ur hair down and having a bit of craic!! I happened to be there myself and I found it a lot more entertaining than sitting at pc slagging people off!!

There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, there's nothing wrong with acting like a spastic at all. As long as you admit that that's what you're doing. The fact that you found it entertaining goes without saying... You know, when you scream for about 10 minutes before the guest has even said anything.

There. I've backed up everything that I've said. And now I'm done here.

Some people need to get a life!

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

I thought TT were brilliant one or two of the people in the audience were a bit well dodgy but on the whole loved it and loved them they are a brilliant man band and cant wait to see them in june

Bingles wrote: »
    I thought TT were brilliant one or two of the people in the audience were a bit well dodgy but on the whole loved it and loved them they are a brilliant man band and cant wait to see them in june

They are not a man band, they are a band ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

in the words of D12: ''we ain't a band we don't play instruments''

btw have to say like westlife, the lads of TT come across very well. Barlow has an british accent even i'd want(dont like the accent normally) and seems like a cool guy, and some of there songs are good to listen to even if not the best pieces of music ever.

in the words of D12: ''we ain't a band we don't play instruments''

Barlow plays the piano :confused: he is never off the piano, most of the siongs he writes are on the piano, Owen plays the piano, Orange can play the guitar, are they not instruments? Take That are not Westlife.

In that case the likes of U2 are not a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have to say the forum is like a teenage bedroom with all the righteous indignation here and in the X-Factor thread.

Obviously, TT or X-Factor are not to my taste either, but I don't need to crash people's threads to earn my indie spotters badge either.

If the mods have left the threads here, it's a tacit approval of them, and seeing that it's not the Alt and Indie forum: why not just leave people be?

• Advertisement

Forums are for discussion. I've discussed Take That. I've discussed the show.

Advertisement