Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That live on tubridy Tonight this saturday!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Kold wrote: »
    Forums are for discussion. I've discussed Take That. I've discussed the show.

Why not just open a thread solely to discuss the pernicious influence of boybands and mediated pop? I might even agree with you.

Instead of entering a thread clearly about TT from a fan's perspective and baiting them because you think their taste is sh*t. What age are you: 16? Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

One statement can be funny (I've done it myself on occasion) but you like 'real' music.

They get it. We get it.

Why bother continuing to spoil people's threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

stovelid wrote: »
    Why not just open a thread solely to discuss the pernicious influence of boybands and mediated pop? I might even agree with you.

Instead of entering a thread clearly about TT from a fan's perspective and baiting them because you think their taste is sh*t. What age are you: 16? Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

One statement can be funny (I've done it myself on occasion) but you like 'real' music.

They get it. We get it.

Why bother continuing to spoil people's threads?

I came into a thread that I saw on a forum in which I had something to contribute. Why are you here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I came into a thread that I saw on a forum in which I had something to contribute.

This is a matter of severe conjecture.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I came into a thread that I saw on a forum in which I had something to contribute. Why are you here?

But Kold your only contribution was to rip the piss out of people for liking (or enjoying) TakeThat. Isn't that be what music is for most people most of the time? Regardless of how you rate it.
    By the by your juxtaposing of Cohen with Joyce to Barlow with Boon to negate Barlow's artistic credability was laughable as it was mis-placed on every level.

Feckin anti-fun league.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I didn't rip the piss out of anyone for liking Take That, I ripped the piss out of a bunch of OTT freaks who were screaming their hearts out for a band that hadn't even said anything. Listen to whatever the hell you like, everyone's got their secret shames in their musical collection. I just called a spade a spade by saying that that audience was an embarassment. And each time I was reproached, I explained myself and my opinion. So yes, I have every right to discuss the topic of this thread, in fact, OPENROAD and I were probably the only people discussing the musical merits of them. Is this a music forum?

Quit trying to bait me, I think most bases have been covered in regards to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 blondietara07

I didn't rip the piss out of anyone for liking Take That, I ripped the piss out of a bunch of OTT freaks who were screaming their hearts out for a band that hadn't even said anything. Listen to whatever the hell you like, everyone's got their secret shames in their musical collection. I just called a spade a spade by saying that that audience was an embarassment. And each time I was reproached, I explained myself and my opinion. So yes, I have every right to discuss the topic of this thread, in fact, OPENROAD and I were probably the only people discussing the musical merits of them. Is this a music forum?

Quit trying to bait me, I think most bases have been covered in regards to the OP.

Em....... does you calling us freaks not constitute as ripping the piss out of us?? Sorry maybe I have forgotten how social behaviour is meant to work....
    Take That might be your secret Shame in YOUR cd collection, (Which more then likely it is, otherwise why where you drawn to a TT related Thread??) But very obviously your opionion is not shared with very many.
    And also for explaining yourself everytime you where reproached?? I would actually call what you where doing back tracking not explaining yourself, and also if you felt your opinion was right why explain yourself, unless it is you opened your mouth before you thought(that is if you have any brains what so ever). I do beleave this thread is not called the musical merits of take that it is called take that on tubridy tonight.............
    I for one had a fantastic time on tubridy, tubridy and the crew where very grateful to the crowd participation as this is what they wanted they wanted people who knew how to enjoy themsleves (unlike you) and give the boys a great welcoming. which is what they got.
    When you where a child where you never told, if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all? Obviosly not, You must have always been a gobby little ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

heated debate or what!
    i didn't see them on tv that night but someone already said they weren't even singing which is piss poor. Barlow is an ok songwriter at best imo.
    oh and fairplay to kold and openroad for bringing some excitment to the thread

davylee wrote: »
    i didn't see them on tv that night but someone already said they weren't even singing which is piss poor.

Well if you had watched you would have noticed that howard could barely breath let alone sing. better then pulling out of the show and leaving the irish tv show up sh1t creek

Well if you had watched you would have noticed that howard could barely breath let alone sing. better then pulling out of the show and leaving the irish tv show up sh1t creek
    He could barely breath.Was he sick??Does he sing anyway. I heard him sing a song on that comeback gig with all the celebs and by the sounds of it they could have done with him barely being able to breath. He was not good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He could barely breath.Was he sick??Does he sing anyway. I heard him sing a song on that comeback gig with all the celebs and by the sounds of it they could have done with him barely being able to breath. He was not good

Sung Never Forget and a couple of tracks on Beautiful World album and one track on the latest Album The Circus, actually they all get to sing at least one track on the latest album and although they carry it off well enough, it shows to me how stronger Gary Barlow is. As I said already, personally I rate Gary Barlow as a good songwriter,when he was dropped as a solo artist, I admire him for going to the states and managing to get a writing contract, he was crucified at the time in the press/radio etc.. but managed to turn things around for himself before the Take That comeback, the whole Take That comeback has obviously helped him further, giving him an outlet to pursue his career as a writer for other artists.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Sung Never Forget and a couple of tracks on Beautiful World album and one track on the latest Album The Circus, actually they all get to sing at least one track on the latest album and although they carry it off well enough, it shows to me how stronger Gary Barlow is. As I said already, personally I rate Gary Barlow as a good songwriter,when he was dropped as a solo artist, I admire him for going to the states and managing to get a writing contract, he was crucified at the time in the press/radio etc.. but managed to turn things around for himself before the Take That comeback, the whole Take That comeback has obviously helped him further, giving him an outlet to pursue his career as a writer for other artists.

i know you're saying they all get to sing at least one song but do you not think the main reason for that is just to say they all get to sing??
    it's not very hard to put vocals down in the studio. When you're live there's not as much cover up. You're more exposed. When i heard him live he seemed to really struggled from going flat and holding key

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

i know you're saying they all get to sing at least one song but do you not think the main reason for that is just to say they all get to sing??
    it's not very hard to put vocals down in the studio. When you're live there's not as much cover up. You're more exposed. When i heard him live he seemed to really struggled from going flat and holding key

Assume you are talking about Howard, yup when he sings live you can see it all right, the reason for them all getting to sing at least one track imo is that they all want some more involvement compared to first time round when it was just really Gary Barlow, he wrote the songs, was involved with production,played the piano,sung the songs etc.. this time around the vocals are spread out more and by all accounts the writing has more input from the others, though think you will still find when it comes to live shows you will see more Gary Barlow leads. Particularly on the latest album it appears Gary has taken more of a back seat but then again Take That is now a smaller part of his career though obviously a significant part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

sorry but take that suck. i would rather listen to that knob george murphy. i do like the song in san jose on top of the building, but at the end it turns to ****.

open road love your name by the way he he he thank you for being able to explain to this dude how take that are.... in my case once i mentioned i was at tubridy he turned into a **** head... and also just another reason all the boys sing on the album is because take that are a band not a solo artist and as open road pointed out, gary un fortunately didnt do to good with his solo career, take that need each other, its more then just the music and the songs, its actually part of a friendship and a great bonds, that is half the attraction of them, seeing the craic that they have.

Advertisement