Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Edge Drawing Package

Options
  • 02-12-2008 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

hey,can anyone help? I am having problems with solid edge version 18. When i am drawing a line (or any other object for that matter), the line does not appear until i click the end point. For example, i can see the cursor on my screen, I click the origin of the line and move my mouse. I can still see my cursor moving but not a temporary line moving with my cursor. The line does then appear when i click for my endpoint. Can anyone help? This only seems to happen on my computer. I dont think its my actual computer as it is relatively new(2GB) but it may be the setup of my viewing options.Would it be the graphics card in my computer or does anyone know of any settings I could try changing in solid edge? This problem is making my drawing kinda difficult to complete. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I have no idea what program you are talking about. Have you tried googling for your problem, or for another forum that has users that are familiar with the software?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

yeh I have looked but i cant find the problem anywhere. Solid edge is basically a 3D drawing package similar to CAD. My proplem is not actually drawing things as the funtions are working. Its just not dispaying my line until i have clicked its endpoint. This makes drawing difficult as I have to either type in the exact measurements or imagine what it will look like. For example, if I am drawing a circle, i click where i am going to place my centre. I then should see a circle on the screen and I should be able to see the cirle size visably change on the screen as I move my cursor away from the centre point. This i not happening. Instead i click on my centre, and i move the cursor to select my a point my circle will pass through. I cannot see the circle size changing on the screen until I pick this point. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

without the program in front of me i cant be much use. something like that MIGHT be located under a performance tab somewhere: because basically what you want is the CAD environment to update as your drawing your shape. That, or it might be part of some kind of dragging option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

You could try asking here http://www.eng-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=562

Found a few forums, but they sound a little slow. Dows the software not have a built in help index?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Thanks Varkov. I'll giv them a go. The program does have a help index but I cant seem to find my problem. Im not the may west at this computer lark as you've probally guessed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement