Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of building a house

Options
  • 02-12-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Can anyone tell me the cost per sqft of building a house now that the building is gone quiet?And is it likely to go down much more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Depends on where your building and what size, friend of mine building a 3300 sq footer in cavan and costing him 165000 now thats all on his own no buillder or project manager. site was gifted, he got 3quotes from brickies for brick work up to roof level first quote 12 grand, second quote 7000 and last one 4500 not including materials.
    get as many quotes as you can and there is some huge differences in prices this year and year to year and half ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Can anyone tell me the cost per sqft of building a house now that the building is gone quiet?And is it likely to go down much more?

About 60-80 euro a square foot, for the shell. It's not that expensive if you have a site. Obviously it depends on how you want to kit out the house. A friend just paid 600euro a door. A regeny door is just 40. I dont think it will get that much cheaper. If you need a septic tank add 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Allow circa 85/sqft for standard finish. Definitely depends on finish - floors, doors, kitchens and bathrooms can vary considerable.

Prices have dropped but I can't see them dropping that much more.
    Its a good time to build, if you have agreed finance in place.

Advertisement