Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I finally fell victim to the Ryanair booking process!

• 02-12-2008 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

After years of happy Ryanair flying I've finally done it!

I buggered up a booking and it's really cost me!

Last week I booked a flight in my name for next week. Got the travel advisory in my inbox tonight and realised I'd gotten my own name wrong :o I only entered the first letter of my surname.

Got the flight for €12 all inclusive. Ryanair wanted €100 to change the name! I had to book another seat for €75.

I feel like a right tit :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Don't know how they can justify charging €100 for a simple name change!

Happened to me a couple of times where I've booked very cheap flights but then had a change of plans and couldn't go. Would have really liked to have offered the flights to someone else but it wouldn't have been worth anyone's while taking them off me if they had to pay a €100 name change fee.

Know a few people who have mispelled their names and got caught out aswell.

I'm usually fairly happy using Ryanair other than that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

KevR wrote: »
    Don't know how they can justify charging €100 for a simple name change!

The reason is to stop ticket resales (buy the 1cent flight , sell them closer to the flight for €100)

jhegarty wrote: »
    The reason is to stop ticket resales (buy the 1cent flight , sell them closer to the flight for €100)
    Never crossed my mind up until now, thanks. I suppose that's justifyable then and it does serve it's purpose.

Although still a bit of a pain if you genuinely spell your name wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Poster King

On a recent trip to UK for a Stag weekend, the best man made all the flight bookings and spelt my name wrong. I noticed this when he emailed me my boarding passes. I edited my name on them in photoshop, no problem.

On a recent trip to UK for a Stag weekend, the best man made all the flight bookings and spelt my name wrong. I noticed this when he emailed me my boarding passes. I edited my name on them in photoshop, no problem.
    They scan the printed online boarding pass at airport security and your name/details (as given when making the booking) come up on screen but they don't usually check it against your passport there (at least not when it's busy in Dublin, not fully sure about Shannon, Cork, etc.). They check the name on your boarding pass against the one on your passport at the gate.

I don't see how they would notice if you change your name in photoshop although I'd be very surprised if there was something in the airline T&Cs 'forbidding' people to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lynchie

Shhh... Dont tell anybody about it or Ryanair will cop onto it.. Have done it once or twice myself :)

Advertisement