Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a united government ffrom all parties

Options
  • 03-12-2008 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

With the economy in such a bad way, is it time that all the political parties form a government of national unity and get this country up and running again. We need ideas and input from all sections of the Dail to get this country back on its feet!

For instance I am usually a FF voter but I would like to see Richard Bruton around the cabinet room and should we also include successful business men at the cabinet i.e. Micahel O'Leary , Dermot Desmond , Anthony O' Reilly etc..at the cabnet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Worked well for Germany in 1936, Russia 1922 , Iraq 1979.... need I go on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Jesus christ its a recession not WW1, we don't need a sacred union or anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

IIRC Was there not an inter party government between 1948 - 1952 united in their opposition to Fianna Fail and they had to come to together to save the country seeing as Fianna Fail had it ruined and on its knees. (nothing new there).

We need a united party now to fight Fianna Fail today too I think.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Beechman wrote: »
    With the economy in such a bad way, is it time that all the political parties form a government of national unity and get this country up and running again. We need ideas and input from all sections of the Dail to get this country back on its feet!

For instance I am usually a FF voter but I would like to see Richard Bruton around the cabinet room and should we also include successful business men at the cabinet i.e. Micahel O'Leary , Dermot Desmond , Anthony O' Reilly etc..at the cabnet!

Why should the other political parties and prominent busisness men bail out the useless feckless eejits that have helped drag our once great celtic tiger economy from 2001 to the place it is today ?
    Note I said 2001, becuase that was the last time we had a realistic economy and not one based on selling each other over priced houses or employemnt in public sector.

Ahh sure I forgot you are a FF supporter and sure isn't the economy going to pot is all the fault of those pesky Americans and their subprime mortgages :rolleyes:

FF and their fellow travellers (primarily the PDs and now GP) have created a lot of the mess we are in today and you think they should remain in positions of power but be helped out by other parties.

Are you for real or is this a p***take ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

This country needs a decent leader and tbh, I don't see any in the Dail. Adding more parties into the mix will only add to the confusion which is not what is needed.

Cross party committees to advise on policy maybe, but that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

jmayo wrote: »
    Ahh sure I forgot you are a FF supporter and sure isn't the economy going to pot is mostly the fault of those pesky Americans and their subprime mortgages
    FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

jhegarty wrote: »
    Worked well for Germany in 1936, Russia 1922 , Iraq 1979.... need I go on ?

what he said

• Advertisement
Advertisement