Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A _centred_ 3 tier menu

Options
  • 03-12-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I am having sooo much trouble finding a 3 tier horizontal (drop down) menu, that can be centered.

I can find many different examples, but all have the same problem. They are left aligned.

Take this one for example, it is perfect, except that it is left aligned. I know you could set a predetermined width and then use another div with margin-right: auto and margin-left: auto to have it centered. But the problem is you have to hard code the width of the menu.

I want to use this style menu for secondary navigation. The thing is that each page will have different top tier menu elements, some pages will only have 1 menu option others could have 20 (across different tiers). Thus hard coding the css width is not going to work (unless I use the style attribute on each page to set a custom width -messy).

There is two pints of beer for any one who can point out a nice CSS based 3 tier menu that is centered and can gracefully handle varying number of (top level) elements!:)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you need a 3-tiered menu, then you probably need to reconsider your site structure itself.

Advertisement