Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin divers?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

New thing just out ( http://shop.bmezine.com/product/skin-divers/ )

Thoughts? i know feck all about em. Did see the jewellery in person though and they're tiny.

More info folks! :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Hmm, can't look at BME in work, but I found this nifty youtube video

I guess the concept is much the same as dermal anchors, but I don't get how a teeny tiny point is going to keep the jewellery in the skin until healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Glen and I experimented with this idea years ago, its not viable all of them we done rejected in less then six months. It was also tried by a good few others but everyone came to the conclusion you need some type of hole in the jewelery for the tissue to grow through so it will anchor properly

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That plus the small surface area of the anchor in these would mean that they could get pushed out/caught on something and pulled out a lot easier than most of the other types of sub/micro dermal piercings

Advertisement