Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great opportunity to retain the Carling Cup

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

What a result, Burnley beating the scum tonight 2-0.
    Derby beat Stoke too. If we can get past Watford tomorrow night,
    this is a great opportunity to retain the cup and get back in to Europe again.

I went to Wembley this year gone for the final, but didnt get a ticket and ended up watching it in an Irish pub near Wembley called the Parish.

If we get to the final again, I can guarantee you I'll be there, but this time By Jesus I'm gonna have a ticket!!

Hope Blackburn beat United tomorrow...

Come on You Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Joycee wrote: »
    If we can get past Watford tomorrow night, this is a great opportunity to retain the cup and get back in to Europe again.

Completely agree with you Joycee.

The chances of qualfying for europe via a league position finish is highly unlikely. Winning one of the cups is the only real chance of achieving this.

If I were Harry I'd field the strongest possible team, start the match with all guns blazing and then if we can get ourselves into a comfotable position during the match, then make substitutions to key players.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

win a cup and end up mid table will do us fine this season .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

a think we have a great chance of going to wembley again. was blessed and got a ticket to the final last year. how sweet would it be if we beat man utd or anybody there after such a poor start to the season!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Watford will prove a very very tough test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

To be honest I fancy Spurs (Liverpool fan) to go all the way in the Carling Cup and I expect them to finish much better than mid table. I have been very impressed with them since Harry took over. He's an excellent manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Same question as always lads, is it on TV? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Kold wrote: »
    Same question as always lads, is it on TV? :)

It's on Sky Sports 1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

COYS lets get to wembley again,what a chance we have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

looking forward to the game tonight but i think watford will not be push overs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Will someone please explain Zokora's worth to the team? Whenever he gets the ball it doesn't seem like he wants to do anything with it. Penalty was the right decision. Think we could've had one or two before it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

going a goal behind was prob the best thing for the match from a neutral perspective anyway. spurs have upped their game and prob deserved to be level at ht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Well after beating Liverpool, we're gonna have to beat Man U to retain the cup.

Draw is on Saturday 12:15pm

Eggshells!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

My prediction is :-

Spurs - Derby
    Man U - Burnley

Don't ask me how but they'll keep the two big teams apart. They always do.:rolleyes:

Get's coat....heads for the Conspiracy Theory Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

I reckon we would have a better chance of beating United over the 2 leg semi than the final. I think if they got a sniff of a final they'd be right up for it, whereas I think they could easily field a weaker team in the 2 leg semi and I'd fancy us to do it. I'll be glued to BBC on saturday to see who we've got. Come on the Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

So we got Burnley...Left open for an all premiership final. Typical draw. Still think we can do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

So we got Burnley...Left open for an all premiership final. Typical draw. Still think we can do it!!

Flights booked for return trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

galinka wrote: »
    Flights booked for return trip.

What date in final on?

Advertisement