Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balancing work... study ..... relationships

• 03-12-2008 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Ok this prob seems more like a PI post but i was intrigued by one of the posters comments about a friends father who worked every god given hour under the sun and as a result never spent quality time with his child.

Im just interested to know how are my fellow trainees are finding juggling study.... college at the weekends.... assignements.... boy/girlfriend... mates all at once? Or anyone working in or industry

i started my traineeship this summer and im already finding it hard to see the boyf... because of all of the above. Just too busy or tired, or both, to the point that i dont even think about it until he points it out to me.... just dont have the time to think about anyone else at the minute. I worked damn hard to get my job and im determined to make a real go of it.. so i guess you could say im living for work at the moment, as selfish as that all might sound.

Also has anyone faced a brick wall with their partner when it comes to going off on audits abroad, with co-workers of the opposite sex.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I found it tough at the start tbh, particularly as we'd just moved in together. It's about time management between all the different things.

I think the best thing I can recommend to anyone starting out with the busy schedule is to give yourself "me" time. Where you just sit down for about 10-20 minutes and just kind of let yourself come down from a mad day. If you just keep on going from 7/8am till 11/12 at night you'll exhaust yourself both mentally and physically.

The thing is, your life will change slightly for 2-3 years while doing your exams but once finished you can get back to whatever it was you were doing.

Advertisement