Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something to make...

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hi all, christmas is coming yada yada yada,

i want to make the gf something for christmas and anniversary on stephen's day.......but i don't know what to make :(

any ideas?
    thanks

and in case anyone starts freaking, she's getting a load of proper presents too lol...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there anything that's needed fixing around the house and that you been putting off for ages?
    Or clean the house when she's out and have a lovely dinner waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

no not really, hm, that would be kinda difficult to do for christmas dinner lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Make her laugh,
    Dress up as santa when your giving her
    your present's.
    Get her to sit on your lap and ask if she
    has been a good girl,ect,pervy/funny santa
    I love when my oh make's an arse of himself
    for me,it's something I know he wouldn't
    do for anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Queencake

I'm a girl (last time I check anyway) and I think the Santa outfit idea mentioned would be great to do when you give her her gifts. I know if my bf did that I'd die laughing and think he was such a sweetie to go to that trouble to make me laugh. Seriously he'd earn major brownie points! ;)

For the anniversary on St Stephen's...

Mmm... Well if you're arty you could do what I did for my bf on Valentines. Print loadsa pics of you two together and shots of friends on nights out that were special to ye. Arrange a kinda collage with cuttings and pics from mags with images that'll look cool together.

You can get these clip on glass frames in Easons in a whole host of sizes. All you'd have to do is glue all the pics, pretty paper, drawings, maybe even a note etc onto the cardboard backing. Make sure you cover every lil bit. Then clip back on the glass top and hey presto, something pretty deadly for her wall!

My bf loved his. He's into video games so I bought a games mag and stuck on loadsa images of characters from his favourite games etc. If she loves a particular actor or singer stick a pic of him/her up there too.

I know it sounds cheesy but done right it can look pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Queencake wrote: »
    Mmm... Well if you're arty you could do what I did for my bf on Valentines. Print loadsa pics of you two together and shots of friends on nights out that were special to ye. Arrange a kinda collage with cuttings and pics from mags with images that'll look cool together.
    I know it sounds cheesy but done right it can look pretty cool.

+1 i have done this for people before and it has always been loved. it takes time but is so so worth it. if you dont want it to be too slushy (dont know how into romance you and your oh are :) ) just have it of pics of her and her mates and stick a few of the two of you in there too!! my best mate spent my entire 21st party sneaking around getting all my family and friens to pose with a huge 21st card and made me a collage...i treasure it (esp coz im not in it :D )!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement