Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy MCE remote

Options
  • 03-12-2008 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I've just finished setting my system up as a media center and all I need now is a remote and IR receiver for it.

I had a look through ebay but the ones there are mainly junk.
    I'm not looking for anything incredible (touchscreen etc.), but i'd like to get something half decent at least.

Anyone know any Irish sites or shops in Cork selling them?
    I tried komplett but can't see any there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Im not sure those remotes on Komplett.ie have IR receivers for your PC
    I can tell you for certain that the 'Harmony one' doesn't. I have one myself, its a great job, replaced seven remotes! Cleared up a lot of clutter.
    I bought a microsoft MCE remote with IR receiver off ebay for €20 and fired the remote in my remote control graveyard and just used the IR receiver with my Harmony one.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

No, I found those alright, they don't have the IR receivers from what I can see.

Thats a good idea with the Harmony remote and bargain bin mce remote+receiver off ebay though. I might do that.

Thanks.

Advertisement