Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a PDA, recomendations?

• 03-12-2008 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Im looking for a PDA for my wife. She's constantly running around with about 20 sheets of paper, with dates and numbers written down everywhere.
    Looking for something to store reminders, contact details, WiFi, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Folks,

Im looking for a PDA for my wife. She's constantly running around with about 20 sheets of paper, with dates and numbers written down everywhere.
    Looking for something to store reminders, contact details, WiFi, etc.

The Nokia E51 or E71. I haven't recommended a touchscreen handset, as they can be an acquired taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Id prefer to get something like the Dell Axim of the Ipaq. Cant seem to find the Axim on Dell site.
    Want to keep her phone and the PDA separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Id prefer to get something like the Dell Axim of the Ipaq. Cant seem to find the Axim on Dell site.

The Dell Axim range were discontinued over a year ago. I'm not familiar with any of the newer PDAs, the Dell Axim X50 was my last PDA, so all I can recommend, if you haven't done so already, is to check out the HTC and HP websites for what's currently available.

Hopefully another user can offer you further advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Theres a couple for sale on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

You could consider a Palm TX - they're still available. Whatever else you may hear Palm's devices were/are the best PDAs. The TX does WiFi and has a color touch-screen. Slim and hand-bag friendly. I see them on Pixmania for ~€300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

still make ipaq's apparently
    http://www.clove.co.uk/category.aspx?department=HP%20iPAQ&category=0FC5C9DF-2205-4C79-A636-E345F3D0120A

i've still got an fujitsu n560 as a gps which works great dont use it as a pda anymore

Advertisement