Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Decent Insurance Broker

Options
  • 03-12-2008 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads (and ladies),

Just got my insurance premium in the door from Quinn and needless to say my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Its only about 40c cheaper than last year. Anybody know any decent insurance brokers?

Cheers,

Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

found the AA pretty competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm with these guys: http://insightrm.ie/ ask for Damien Hanley and tell him Cormac from VanTasks recommended you and he should be able to give you a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

my best quote was with theses guys
    http://kavanaghsinsurance.com/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

123.ie saved me €125.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

EPM wrote: »
    Hi lads (and ladies),

Just got my insurance premium in the door from Quinn and needless to say my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Its only about 40c cheaper than last year. Anybody know any decent insurance brokers?

Cheers,

Eoin

could be worse, i just got my insurance renewal and its gone UP by 150 euro!!
    im with fbd.

are insurance brokers always cheaper than going to the company direct?

is it cheaper to give em a ring or do the online quote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

123.ie saved me €125.00
    Saved me over €400, too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cheers lads! Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Glennons brokers in Dublin (glennons.ie) were the most competitive for me.
    Axa were looking for 700 after 8 years claims free with them for a 1.4.....
    Got fully comp with Allianz through Glennons for 347.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

could be worse, i just got my insurance renewal and its gone UP by 150 euro!!
    im with fbd.
    I had the same thing with FBD earlier in the year - they wanted €1,200, Hibernian gave me the same cover for €475.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Anan1 wrote: »
    I had the same thing with FBD earlier in the year - they wanted €1,200, Hibernian gave me the same cover for €475.

i only got the quote yesterday so havent rang them yet to find out why.
    did they give you any explanation or reason for the increase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

i only got the quote yesterday so havent rang them yet to find out why.
    did they give you any explanation or reason for the increase?
    They did, actually. They said, and I quote, 'That's what we charge for that car.' If I were you, i'd put an hour aside and call all the main ins cos & a few brokers too - you never know who's going to be best for your particular case. Bear in mind, too, that Hibernian give a 30% discount if you pass the IAM test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I actually cancelled my policy with Quinn back in October because I was so sick of their "them's the breaks, like it or leave it" attitude.

Was changing car at the time anyway, best quote I got was from Britton's. €500 fully comp for a 05 1.9 TDI Passat, 3 years NCB.

The funny thing is, I actually rang them to check who was underwriting the policy (as if it was Quinn, I wasn't going to take it), was told it's Eagle Star. No problems there. But I had actually already gotten a quote from Eagle Star direct for the same car & cover, and it was just under €1,000!!!

I seriously do not understand the whole insurance industry at times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

I can recommend Brittons too, saved me €600 compared to quinn. Well worth a call.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Buffman wrote: »
    I can recommend Brittons too, saved me €600 compared to quinn. Well worth a call.

+ 1
    I got some very good deals from Brittons Insurance in the past year and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Did a ring around yesterday. All were in the 800-1200 range which is ridiculous. Had just gotten off the phone from AXA and they gave me a qutote of €1251 fully comp when I rang McCarthy Insurance in Fermoy and they gave me a quote of €570 fully comp...with AXA:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,115 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have found JDM insurance and glennon both competive, offering me ins thro eagle star

im 27 with 8 years NCB, fully comp insurance on a bmw m3 is 850 quid or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

EPM wrote: »
    Did a ring around yesterday. All were in the 800-1200 range which is ridiculous. Had just gotten off the phone from AXA and they gave me a qutote of €1251 fully comp when I rang McCarthy Insurance in Fermoy and they gave me a quote of €570 fully comp...with AXA:rolleyes:

We're insight, the guys I recommended about 800-1200 too?

Advertisement