Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Technical Support - Credit where it's due

Options
  • 03-12-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

I just wanted to post a positive report here.

I've had to deal with NTL support before (about a year or two ago) and found them shockingly inadequate.

However, this weekend, I called UPC support on behalf of my grandmother to help sort out a computer problem. I called their freephone number and pressed the right menu options to get through to them. It took a while longer than I would have like to get through, but once I did,I could see why. I got on the line to arguably one of the most helpful tech support guys ever. I explained I was calling on behalf of my grandmother, and went through the problem. He was polite, helpful, and very useful, and went through everything with me, as well as managing to get the problem solved. He stayed on with me for a while, exploring all the options. Didn't feel rushed off the phone, and he didn't make it seem like he had better things to do. And all this on a Saturday evening.

I was really pleased with the service I got, and my grandmother was thrilled that the problem is solved.

So I just though, credit where credit is due - a properly good job by Saturday's tech support crew. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

They do seem to be cleaning up their act a little. The menu thing is very long, but if it gets you through to the right person its worth it rather than being passed around from Billy to Jack :) I had problems recently and found they did not return phone calls as promised, but they did resolve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 _RoSy_

Hi,

I signed up with NTL about three months ago having just moved into a new house and ever since the initial call to sign up have been utterly satisfied with the level of service and support that they are now giving. The initial install was completed within 2 days, technician turned up exactly on time as quoted and everything was installed and up and running within half an hour.

Since the installation I've called them twice with enquiries and both times have been put through to the exact person to deal with my query and have been done and dusted within 10-15 minutes tops. I've also had to ring recently on behalf of my Mum and again was very pleased with the outcome of the call.

I'd heard the nightmare stories from the past so was a bit apprehensive about signing up with NTL initially but so far (and I hope I've not jinxed myself by writing this!!) there seems to be a vast improvement.

R.

Advertisement