Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rate your driving!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I got an A baby, 82%... ah yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You scored a 77% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You scored a 82% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Ridiculous that you lose 50% of a grade for thinking other drivers are sometimes too slow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Mee too #
    You scored a 74% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

You scored a 76% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

Alas the speed limit questions were my demise :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

77% ..........about right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

You scored a 85% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

91% very safe

I've had two speeding tickets in 5 years!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

You scored a 65% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

Joke of a test. You lose marks because other drivers drive too slow, (which they do on some national roads, overtaking lane of motorway*, etc)........ :confused::confused:

*Uh oh, shouldn't have opened than can of worms.... :eek:

/runs away :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

72%.

Tbh, anyone who rates themselves as a highly skilled driver should lose points on that question. Those people are a hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

88% - never asked me about murdering prostitutes, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

You scored a 97% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Hmm, this test is wrong, im too funking safe !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

quarryman wrote: »
    72%.

Tbh, anyone who rates themselves as a highly skilled driver should lose points on that question. Those people are a hazard.
    S.I.R wrote: »
    You scored a 97% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Hmm, this test is wrong, im too funking safe !!

Our first high skilled driver :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

You scored a 80% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

now just for some info
    i have hit a pedestrian (hard) not proud of it and not my fault (officially)
    i put i always speed (a bit on main roads how else do you over take someone doing 90kmph)
    and i only rated myself as somewhat skilled

i think its fair

• Registered Users Posts: 45,938 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ninty9er wrote: »
    You scored a 82% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Ridiculous that you lose 50% of a grade for thinking other drivers are sometimes too slow!!

I got 75%, that Q got me too - i certainly thought the guy driving at 40km/h in an 80 zone was going to slowly this morning, and the guy do 40 through the 50, 60 and 80 zone yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Its complete bollox as a test - as you quickly figure out how to do well, however it could be very good as an eye opener to folks about sh*t they do that not so good

Some of the questions are poor - i talk on the phone while driving, but only ever by using my bluetooth handsfree kit. I chage the radio/cd stuff, but by using the controls on my steering wheel. Surely there should be distinctions between doing what I do, and moving hands away from the steering wheel/looking at the radio and talking on your phone (non-hands free)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Some of the questions are poor - i talk on the phone while driving, but only ever by using my bluetooth handsfree kit. I chage the radio/cd stuff, but by using the controls on my steering wheel. Surely there should be distinctions between doing what I do, and moving hands away from the steering wheel/looking at the radio and talking on your phone (non-hands free)

Talking on the phone is a MAJOR distraction I'm afraid - using hands free makes things better - but not doing it is best. I do it too btw - but you just have to realise it is decreasing your attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Its complete bollox as a test - as you quickly figure out how to do well, however it could be very good as an eye opener to folks about sh*t they do that not so good

If you are trying to "figure it out" as you are answering then why are you taking the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The score on this works like golf right?...

just kidding. I got

81% (A) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

quarryman wrote: »
    If you are trying to "figure it out" as you are answering then why are you taking the test?
    No reasonably bright person could stop themselves from trying to 'figure it out' while answering, IMO.

Anan1 wrote: »
    No reasonably bright person could stop themselves from trying to 'figure it out' while answering, IMO.
    no reasonably bright person would need to try to figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Actually, since when was anything below 85% considered an A in the normal course of things....I know some modules in Universities have lower A limitis, but not in the general scheme of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You scored a 83% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Wonder could i nail it to Sean Quinn's a*s to say no thanks to their renewal quote:D

The only way to know you're a safe driver is to have a proper observer in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

You scored a 81% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

no reasonably bright person would need to try to figure it out!
    Not true, apparently. You'd think rating your own abilities as 'highly skilled' would lead to a higher risk assessment, wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Trying to do the test properly I got 84%

Acting the tit, I got 17% anyone able to beat that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Anan1 wrote: »
    Not true, apparently. You'd think rating your own abilities as 'highly skilled' would lead to a higher risk assessment, wouldn't you?

It should anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Trying to do the test properly I got 84%

Acting the tit, I got 17% anyone able to beat that?

You scored a 5% (F)! Your driving level is: very dangerous
    Champion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭blackbox

You scored a 84% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

I tried to answer fairly. I guess it puts a good value on experience.

Of course you could give all the "right" answers, but what would be the point of that?

Advertisement