Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rate your driving!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

68% and proud.

Not that Im even gonna go by that. I would rather be thrown into situations in a test or something, not something worded.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wonder is there a bit of a random quality to the results? I did my very worst and got 9% - how did Biro manage to get it down to 5%?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Biro wrote: »
    You scored a 5% (F)! Your driving level is: very dangerous
    Champion!

Dam it, tried again and got 19%. Well done sir....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I answered it in Theory mode and got = You scored a 100% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Dam it, tried again and got 19%. Well done sir....;)

I'm so proud! :D

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    I wonder is there a bit of a random quality to the results? I did my very worst and got 9% - how did Biro manage to get it down to 5%?

I did it again and got 5% again. The trick is to say you have less than a year experience and drive less than 1 - 2 hours per week.

2qk4u wrote: »
    I answered it in Theory mode and got = You scored a 100% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Ya, I got the same. The first time, answering relatively honestly I got 87%.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

63%

In fairness though its not very accurate. Doesn't ask question like are you able to adjust your driving for conditions or how far ahead do you look etc.

(And I lost a few %age points cos you all drive too slow:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Biro wrote: »
    I did it again and got 5% again. The trick is to say you have less than a year experience and drive less than 1 - 2 hours per week.
    Ah, I had myself on the road as much as possible (you'd think, wouldn't you...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Genny

84% (A)! - driving level is: very safe

I've failed my test three times so far....hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,323 ✭✭✭✭Esel

S.I.R wrote: »
    You scored a 97% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe
    This proves that the test is obviously faulty. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

You scored a 82% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Ordinary Driving:

You scored a 95% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

Work Driving:

You scored a 78% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

I said I speed at more than 18 mph over and I do it every time I drive, as well as thinking everyone else drives too slow when I'm working. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Genny wrote: »
    84% (A)! - driving level is: very safe

I've failed my test three times so far....hmmm

Technically being dead at the wheel in a carpark is safe.

Also is driving at 10 kph everywhere.

Safe is a stupid word to use vs. actual ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

quarryman wrote: »
    Tbh, anyone who rates themselves as a highly skilled driver should lose points on that question. Those people are a hazard.
    I know what you mean - many people who considers themselves 'highly skilled' are actually lacking the ability to evaluate their own actions critically, and are therefore overconfident and incapable of improving.

On the other hand, somebody who classes themselves as a highly skilled driver (in the sense of 'more competent than 90% of road users') because they have driven a million miles without incident is probably pretty safe.

As for the test, it's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"You scored a 75% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk"

I always speed; think that contributed the most.

I don't consider myself a highly skilled driver. I've passed the IAM test, but I don't have the experience of driving anything other than car/car-derived vans nor enough of certain conditions (ice, snow, extreme speed) amongst other things to consider myself "skilled" let alone "highly skilled".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ninty9er wrote: »
    Ridiculous that you lose 50% of a grade for thinking other drivers are sometimes too slow!!

+ 1 :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

You scored a 85%

(A)! Your driving level is: very safe and this test is for half wits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

51%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

You scored a 71% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk,,.....Bam!

Awaiting the spoofers that claim over 80%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You scored a 69% (B)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

You scored a 82% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

just passed the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

By way of illustrating how bad this quiz is, it rates somebody who has been driving less than 1 year, who exceeds the speed limit by 18mph or more all the time, who drinks and drives, who makes phone calls and sends text messages while driving, and who has been involved in accidents both minor and major (in <1 year of driving!) as 'Average Risk'.

Cue the comments of that being about right in some parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stufinnegan

75%.....B rating

I know what you mean - many people who considers themselves 'highly skilled' are actually lacking the ability to evaluate their own actions critically, and are therefore overconfident and incapable of improving.

On the other hand, somebody who classes themselves as a highly skilled driver (in the sense of 'more competent than 90% of road users') because they have driven a million miles without incident is probably pretty safe.

As for the test, it's rubbish.

There's a difference between highly experienced and highly skilled. A lot of highly experienced drivers who are old enough to know better and never have an incident have learned to drive defensively, and therefore might be considered highly safe. On the other hand, to be a highly skilled driver you should be reasonably successful in regular motorsport activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

You scored a 88% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

You scored a 71% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

82%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

68%, little risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

rhan254l.jpg

:rolleyes: