Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account, Halifax or Permanent TSB?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Want to open a new joint current account with the misus and I have cut it down to two.

Should i stay Irish and go with permenant tsb or go with the slightly better deal with Halifax the english bank?

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/personalcurrentaccountcomparison

The account would be used for mortgage and bills etc so 1500e a month should be acheivable.

Halifax have slightly higher chargers on some things, 5e compared to 4.44e to tsb.
    But both dont have to many charges at all.

Thanks for the advice, J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I find the Halifax current account good. 10% interest, longer opening hours, online banking, visa debit card etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Another vote here for Halifax.

I moved my current account and mortgage from PTSB to Halifax. Find their staff, both in branch and on phone a pleasure to deal with. They seem a bit more professional than the PTSB staff I've dealt with before.

I'm saving a small fortune since I moved the mortgage too.

Advertisement