Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the best de-icer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

PI$$

Similar question asked on another interweb forum had the following post:
    Many years ago while working late nights, I saw a guy stand on the bonnet of his car (Triumph 2000) and urinate on the windscreen (it was in the car park of a Workingmens' Club). He had (obviously) been drinking heavily and indeed was well oiled - but the ice didn't stand a chance. He was off down the road while I was still spraying and scraping.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Yes , Warm water. never fails. Dont be tempted to go out and start your car and leave it running for a few minutes cause you know what will happen, VROOM VROOM BY AN OPPURTUNIST THIEF .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭L1011

At home = warm water
    On the go = I've got chemical deicer and a scraper in the boot. Heater in car and scraper if its light, chemical and scraper (and heater) if its heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I use warm water and then the auto wipers come on and soak me.

Advertisement