Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone out of warranty prices

• 03-12-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

i posted this in my last thread but m giving it its own post so more people see it. i was planning on buying an iphone 3g tomorrow but and really having 2nd thoughts now..if i do get 1 it will now be the 8gig and not the 16 gig..see below what the b*stards expect you to pay for an out of warranty service....
    iPhone 3G Out-of-Warranty Service
    8GB 199 Euros
    16GB 299 Euros
    Original iPhone Out-of-Warranty Service
    4GB & 8GB 199 Euros
    16GB 249 Euros

if u have the 16 gb version they assume u are a mege sucker and expect u to fork out an extra 100 quid, bring the cost of a service to 300 euro! I hate u apple scum..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

How does this compare to any of the other manafacturers out of warranty services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

MiCr0 wrote: »
    How does this compare to any of the other manafacturers out of warranty services?

i dont know but the point i was making is the price difference in servicing the iphone3g 8 and 16gb...they are exactly the same phone bar a bit of extra flash memory..and yet they charge an extra 100 euro to get it serviced? i can only assume they think u are more of a sucker and have a few more quid to spare, since u forked out for the 16 gb model in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I can see a €50 difference but not €100 or am I missing something very obvious

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Szondi wrote: »
    I can see a €50 difference but not €100 or am I missing something very obvious

yep..have a look again..you were looking at the service price for the 2g version, price for 3g version is just above that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

that's a hefty difference alright... think the point has been made tho... so closing...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement