Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC

Options
  • 03-12-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi

Im looking to build a gaming Pc my Budget would be about €800 i will be using a 32" display. I mostly play the call of duty serious games and am looking for advice on what spec machine to build as i have never used one before. At the moment im using my XPS laptop 1710 as my gaming computer also id like to use the new machine as a media centre.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭kingofbeers

hey,
    why not hook your laptop up to the 32inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭johnp23

I did do that but the laptop hasnt got great storage capacity and its not great either when your playing COD4 as it has a tendancy to overheat so i think its probably best to replace the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

johnp23 wrote: »
    Hi

Im looking to build a gaming Pc my Budget would be about €800 i will be using a 32" display. I mostly play the call of duty serious games and am looking for advice on what spec machine to build as i have never used one before. At the moment im using my XPS laptop 1710 as my gaming computer also id like to use the new machine as a media centre.

Thanks in advance

I am building a pc, its going to be good for gaming so it should interest you!
    Check my thread for some info on hardware, tips and advice.
    See here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431599

Just thought I'd reccommend this game. Its 100% free and great fun once you get into the swing of things. Ive been playing it for about 2 years and i still play it almost every day. If u havent already heard of America's Army heres a link.
    http://www.americasarmy.com/

From there you will find download links..etc
    Its around 2-3Gb.

It doesnt require the highest specs like BF2 and all them games so it shud run smoothly enough although it tends to be laggy sometimes if your in a bad server..etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

The first Sticky on Building/Upgrading

First up is the 500 euro Gaming PC!

A gaming pc for around 500 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Does that budget include the cost of the 32" display ??

• Advertisement

No I have a 32" tv with HDMI connection and also serial connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Do you think i would get 800 for it its nearly 2 years old it did cost me over 2k when i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

You'd be better of building a desktop system as 1800 would get you a computer way faster that that laptop.

Cheers thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Is your 32" tv full hd or just hd ready?

Full hd will require a decent amount of graphical power, its picture consists of 100% more pixels than hd ready.

If you have HD Ready, get something like this for €499 off Ankermann.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4x2,40Ghz)
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800GT 512MB PCi-e 16x
    Memory 4GB DDR2 PC800 Kingston
    500GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HardDisk 32MB Cache
    DVD Writer LG GSH GH20 LS15 DVD-RW Dual Layer LightScribe
    ASUS Mainboard P35 P5K, Intel P35, PCIe, SATA2, GLAN, Raid, FSB1333
    600Watt Power SUPPLY / Ankermann Case
    IEEE 1394 Fire Wire Port

9800gt is more than enough for a lowish resolution, all the other parts in the pc are decent.

Full HD: change the video card to 1gb 4870 or gtx 260, you need over 512mb imo.

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/?lang=en

Advertisement