Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rock vs Jeff Jarrett

• 03-12-2008 12:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Ive moved a discussion about the Rock & Jeff Jarrett from the Wrestling DVD thread to here:
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I just don't put him up there with Hogan and Austin in the terms of drawing power
    Hogan and Austin at top, but Rock has always been second fiddle.

Oh no the Rock is only Number 3, what a failure.
    especially has he's pretty much said he's done with wrestling in favour of Hollywood pissing off several fans

What does this have to do with what we were talking about here?
    having crap matches during comebacks

Yeah his heel run in 2003 was terrible
    (Mania 20, as pointed out in a previous thread, and it was a dirt match regardless if it was thrown together or not),

The Rock and Flair were actually credited with saving that match.
    him boring the hell out of several people at the Maivia HOF induction speech.

Are you joking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Try again rovert, picking apart my opinion to give yourself an egof*ck is something you might have all the time in the world for, but I don't. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Try again rovert, picking apart my opinion to give yourself an egof*ck is something you might have all the time in the world for, but I don't. :)

Well you did up to this point :confused:

rovert wrote: »
    Well you did up to this point :confused:

No i didn't, you kept harping on about it, i asked several times in a different thread to leave it and you couldn't. There's nothing confusing. Eventually i caved in and gave my view on it.

That wasn't up for debate as far as i'm concerned.
    Case is closed regardless of if you like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

girls, for god's sake - get a room!

No i didn't, you kept harping on about it, i asked several times in a different thread to leave it and you couldn't. There's nothing confusing. Eventually i caved in and gave my view on it.

You asked once and that was related to something you said a while ago. Nice try though. There was no caving in involved you are the one who offered an opinion the Rock first btw.
    That wasn't up for debate as far as i'm concerned. Case is closed regardless of if you like it or not.

Well you are on a message board.

We were discussing it for a number of posts then when I brought attention to your points by making a thread you decide to back off.

• Advertisement

We were discussing it for a number of posts then when I brought attention to your points by making a thread you decide to back off.

No rovert, we were discussing Rock and Jarrett, not Rock & Cena being a draw for Wrestlemania. You dragged it back down that route, not me.

No rovert, we were discussing Rock and Jarrett, not Rock & Cena being a draw for Wrestlemania. You dragged it back down that route, not me.

I didnt drag it down any route as we returned to Rock/Jarrett in short order. The only reason I brought up Rock & Cena was that:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58124345&postcount=840

Which is fair comment given your views about the Rock as seen in the OP.

Id like for you talk about Rock/Jarrett in this topic as that is why I made it. Can you respond to the OP please and stop brickering with me?

I'd have loved to talk Rock/Jarrett based on my own personal preferences, but as usual, you make it a misery with your "facts deem your opinion null and void" attitude. So no thanks. :)

I'd have loved to talk Rock/Jarrett based on my own personal preferences, but as usual, you make it a misery with your "facts deem your opinion null and void" attitude. So no thanks. :)

At what point did I bring in facts here actually? You were the one who mentioned drawing power first. Outside of that this thread has been in the realm of subjectivity not facts. Id just like to see some basis to your opinions that’s all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Why make a new thread for only 2 people to debate. Even though only 1 seems to want to continue. The OP has no merit for discussion for the majority of users, what point does this thread have??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Lads this is so childish!

rizzla wrote: »
    Why make a new thread for only 2 people to debate.

It wasn’t intended that way but it seems what it has turned into. I referred to a discussion in the Wrestling DVDs thread and I posted this over there:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58124627&postcount=842

I also PM'd a mod requesting posts from there to be moved over here.
    Even though only 1 seems to want to continue.

I don’t mind if it continues or not at this stage. As ShawnRaven will never back up his audacious points.
    The OP has no merit for discussion for the majority of users, what point does this thread have??

Do you not think ShawnRaven proved enough talking points worthy of discussion?
    I just don't put him up there with Hogan and Austin in the terms of drawing power
    Hogan and Austin at top, but Rock has always been second fiddle.
    especially has he's pretty much said he's done with wrestling in favour of Hollywood pissing off several fans
    having crap matches during comebacks
    (Mania 20, as pointed out in a previous thread, and it was a dirt match regardless if it was thrown together or not),
    him boring the hell out of several people at the Maivia HOF induction speech.

2003 Heel Rock was awesome.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzky0OAghHQ

It was a great evolution of his character. While Jeff Jarrett has had the same act for the last ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Id like for you talk about Rock/Jarrett in this topic as that is why I made it. Can you respond to the OP please and stop brickering with me?

You want to talk to him about something and you want him to talk back? Sorry but if you want to talk to just 1 person then the best was is in private and not to cut out a little section of the forum for yourself. Also as you say its a discussion forum, no one "has" to partake in any part of it if they dont want to - even if you stomp your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If you don't want to recognize the thread or discuss anything in it then ignore it. The Rock and Jarret have both carried threads by themself so it's not as if there was a small chance of additional input being generated

6th wrote: »
    You want to talk to him about something and you want him to talk back? Sorry but if you want to talk to just 1 person then the best was is in private and not to cut out a little section of the forum for yourself. Also as you say its a discussion forum, no one "has" to partake in any part of it if they dont want to - even if you stomp your feet.

Ive already moved on if you havent noticed. I refer you to post #13 if you havent read it which I dont think you have given your understanding this thread.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    If you don't want to recognize the thread or discuss anything in it then ignore it. The Rock and Jarret have both carried threads by themself so it's not as if there was a small chance of additional input being generated

Thank you Bubs

Who do think is better? Do think Rock is a 3 move wonder? What do think about the talking points in the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i thought heel rock was great, goldberg/gillberg skit, the rock show in sacramento and the night he pissed off 20,000 canadians in toronto, "finally the rock has come back to toron..... toron, to run his mouth over all your candy asses

not to mention the rock/hurricane angle (i am pretty sure rock was heel then) :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

rossie1977 wrote: »
    not to mention the rock/hurricane angle (i am pretty sure rock was heel then) :confused:

:D "Yeah I know who you are. Green mask.... big H on your chest.... You're the Hamburglar!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement