Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerouac

Options
  • 03-12-2008 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

i need to know innovation and techniques used by jack kerouac in his writing.

please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Well there is the fact that he wrote On The Road on one scroll of paper which he put together so he wouldn't have to waste time changing pages in the typewriter. He didn't want the option to go back over what he wrote to re-write, instead feeling that what first pops into his head would serve the work best.
    Maybe it's obvious and not at all helpful but I thought I'd help get the ball rolling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I would suggest getting your hands on some recordings of Kerouac reading from his books.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

camel toe wrote: »
    i need to know innovation and techniques used by jack kerouac in his writing.

please help
    Are you looking for someone to do your homework for you?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Read 'And the hippos were boiled in their tanks'

This will give you a good insight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

maybe the best technique would be to drive across the US taking a load of drugs, and writing down what happens, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

http://www.theparisreview.org/media/4260_KEROUAC.pdf

Truman Capote once said what Jack Kerouac did wasn't writing it was typewriting :p

Advertisement