Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus / NTL new connection issue

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I moved house recently and applied to Chorus / NTL as a new customer for a digital TV service. After placing my order and selecting one of their offered installation dates I got an email thanking me for the order but saying unfortunately my address is not on their system, so they'd have to create the address and get in touch with me to reschedule installation.

This was three weeks ago now. My original installation date was two weeks ago now. I've emailed them 5 or 6 times and all mails have gone unacknowledged, and I've phoned their Sales lines twice to be told first that someone would call me back and the second time that they couldn't help me as it was an online order and I needed to contact Online Sales. Great. I would, if they answered any of the 5/6 emails I've sent them.

I've had enough and want to tell them to stuff the order, I'll go with Sky instead. My question is would I be liable for any charges from them at this point? Like, is there a contract in place already from the date my order was placed? Or can I safely tell them to f*ck off now as there has been no installation and no service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

If you haven't signed your name to anything I can't see you being legally bound to anything with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Well, even if they ignore your request to cancel the order (which is possible!!) they can't send an engineer out without arranging it with you so you can remind them then that you told them where to go :)

Send them an email cancelling the order and keep a copy of all emails you have sent, then you have your backup.

Advertisement